Monday, March 8, 2010

happy birthday(s)

I love birthdays and I like celebrating them even more. We celebrated two: my grandma's 85th and my mom's...I am not sure how old she is. Or young, I should say. It is even more exciting when your awesome uncle is in town and gets to hang out too.

We went to Q4U. I have to tell you, I have been wanting to visit this place for quite some time because they supposedly had awesome barbecue.The food was okay but the service wasn't...our waitress was a condescending Southern woman who I hope was just having a bad day because I hope that she is not so pleasant all the time. But, it was fun being with family none the less.


Back: Scott, Dad, J, Liam, me, Laura, Dave, mom
Front: Nick, Gigi, Luke, Erika, Andrew, Clark, and (his cute new fiance as of 2/27!), Kate




I think my grandma rocks. She is one amazing woman. She has shown me how to handle adversity with style and grace. She has an amazing memory. She just turned 85 and can remember specific details about her life and I can't even remember what I did yesterday. She loves music and one night we would say a word and she could sing a song with that word in it. I thought it was pretty amazing. One day when she was babysitting us--she was probably in her late 50s-she showed my sisters and I how to do a tripod headstand. She also has an intense love of junk food and a not so intense will power that I have inherited. She says she inherited it from her mother. At least I can blame my poor eating habits on my ancestry.

I think my mom is pretty neat too. She helps me out in so many ways and I love how she loves my boys. On Sunday I asked Liam where we were going. He said: "Disneyland?" "No, but we are going to Grandma and Grandpa's house. Would you rather go to Grandma and Grandpa's or to Disneyland?" He said: "Grandma and Grandpa's." She is oober talented and my best friend. I love her a lot.

My Uncle Scott is very cool. I have always thought he was the best. He lived in Utah and went to the U when I was little and once he took me on a tour of the U and I thought I was so cool hanging out with my college age uncle. He is personable and funny and down to earth. He is an amazing artist. I love his wife, my aunt Robyn. She is rad. Yes, I said rad. They have adorable children. I love them all.

Family is my favorite thing ever. I am so blessed to have a family who supports me and Justin and are so close knit. We are always doing things with our families whether it be parties, vacations, helping move out or in, good times, bad times...I couldn't be a luckier girl.

5 comments:

The Winegar's said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes. I'm so glad that you are close and that we can do so many things together. I am also happy that we are best friends because you are a great person to be best friends with. Love you.

Unknown said...

Thanks Corinne! I just think you are the best. You are so much fun to be around. I have watched you grow into a wonderful women and mother. What a blessing you are.

I don't remember showing you around the U campus. I'm sure we had a great time.

The Beckstroms said...

Ok, make me cry. I am so sad that we couldn't be there, but thanks for posting the fun pictures. I love seeing everybody. We will see you soon enough, well not soon enough! Gigi, Mom, and Scott are the best, we are sooooo lucky!! Glad you had fun at dinner. We love you guys so much and Caroline can't wait to "go swimming with the cousins". "I love them so so much :)"

Here And Happy! said...

You have a great family! We admire so many things about them. We know Andrea was sent to help us catch the vision of how to love life together as a family.

Jer + Lu said...

Birthdays are the best! Q4U is yummy! But we had the same problem with the service as you. And guess what? The condescending southern woman is the owner's wife!! Ya, she's a beast. You think she'd appreciate the business!