Thursday, March 18, 2010

*worst nightmare*

One of my greatest fears in life is losing one of my children.

I cannot imagine not having one of them in my life. It would devestate me to no end. I realize that they are a gift from our Heavenly Father to watch over in this life, but I have become quite attached to my boys and don't want to see them suffer, be in pain, be critically ill, or not be well enough to fufill their dreams.

There are thousands of sick children all over the world. Thousands of children die. It is a sad fact but I am still able to go about my daily activites and really not give it another thought.

There is a girl at work that has a son that was very recently diagnosed with stage 4 cancer on February 2. She had quit just days before the diagnosis because she felt she needed to be at home more. She has a blog (www.mysuperspence.blogspot.com) that she puts daily posts on that I have been following and it breaks my heart. I have read other blogs that have sick or dying children, but this one really hits home. Her son is 7, just like my Luke.

What would my world be like if I were in this situation? What would I do if it were Luke in that hospital bed sick with cancer?

I am so affected by this that I think about it probably more than I should. I know there are so many things that need our attention and finances but I just want to advertise a fundraiser for this family. It is this Saturday, March 20th from 12-3 at 12791 South 6000 West in Herriman. There is more information about it at www.superspencevscancer.blogspot.com. Another way to donate is to buy a cute lolly bag. Perfect for work, a diaper bag, or a new bag to put all of your stuff in for church. You can find examples and can order them through www.sandinthecracks.blogspot.com.

If anything, please pray for this family. They are such a sweet family and need all the support and blessings they can get right now.

2 comments:

The Winegar's said...

I know, I always thought what would I do if my children had to go through a serious illness or even death and now I think that about my grandchildren. People always say that that is a trial they have to go through but I would rather not have that trial. I'm sure that your friend is going through it with courage and faith.

Hey, I just read a email or something about if you puree asparagus and have 4 Tbs. twice a day that it has cured cancer in terminal patients. This study was done by a biochemist and he swears by it. You might pass that along to your friend. Anything is worth a try. You cook the asparagus - not too soft - and puree it..... I hope that works if you pass it along. I know that, when grandpa had cancer, he would eat orange and lemon rids because they had cancer stopping properties. I'll be thinking about her.

The Beckstroms said...

Ah things like that just rip your heart out. I know some that are going through that too and I don't know how they bear it!! I think it's wonderful that you put up the fundraiser info. I know they would be so grateful. We will pray for them!!