Monday, March 15, 2010

*lucky number 13*

Last weekend we celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary. We celebrated a week early due to a baseball tournament that happens every year over our anniversary. Had I realized this 13 years ago, I may have waited until April or something or gotten married a week earlier. Oh well, it was all about the way the date sounded when you said it--March 21st sounds way better than March 14th, don't you think? And it looks cool too: 0321. So, I don't really think I would change it. But, it worked out perfectly this year because we got to see the fabulous Brian Regan perform at Abravanel Hall.

Holy cow, he is hilarious. My cheeks felt like they did on my wedding night smiling at everyone for hours. There were times that I had to stop laughing because I just couldn't laugh anymore and my sides hurt so bad. His facial expressions are marvelous. He is not crude or gross or vulgar...just good, clean fun. I only got a couple pictures...the picture nazi was hovering just behind me after my second one. Bummer.

Then we went to one of my favorite restaurants for dinner. Have you ever been to Five Alls? I absolutely love it. I crave their water. They serve it in pewter goblets so it is super cold--your lips kindof stick to the cup and you can see steam from your breath against the top of it. We were seated by the fire so it was nice and cozy and we could see the snow fall outside. Very romantic. I also love the atmosphere of the restaurant, it is centered around the Medieval time period. I am captivated by this era. Yes, the beheadings and tortures and diseases would be bad but I love the castles and the balls and just the romantic air it has to it. Our cute waitress put candles in our dessert to make it more special. She said that all of her tables that night have been couples celebrating their anniversary. We had a fabulous time and we discussed making a Five Alls fund so we could go there once a month. Then we decided it would be more like every other and then it moved on to taking the boys when they turned 12. I think that is more realistic.

I love Justin so much and how he has been able to put up with me for all these years is a mystery to me. I am very lucky to be married to such a wonderful guy!





3 comments:

The Winegar's said...

And 0312 = 033 (because 1 plus 2 = 3). You were always the one that had to have things flow right, right?! I'm glad that you had a wonderful time and you did marry a wonderful guy. Wow, wonderful guy, wonderful gal, 4 wonderful boys....could you ask for anything more??

The Beckstroms said...

Happy Anniversary (a little early)!!! You guys look so good in that last picture, what a fabulous couple. I would love to go to Five Alls, never been, and it sounds amazing! We love you guys so much and are glad we have you to look up to and learn from!! Fun talking to you yesterday, I bet your hair looks fabulous!

Jer + Lu said...

Happy Anniversary!! Glad you had such a great night! And jealous that you got to eat at Five Alls!! Someday I'll get there...