Tuesday, March 30, 2010

ahhhh....

Today was absolutely perfect. And I think it had to do with the weather. Who couldn't be in a good mood in over 60 degree weather after a long winter?

It was the beginning of Spring Break today and although it is definately something to look forward to, it is hard to work nights and sleep and make sure the kids aren't totally bored out of their minds.

I worked Sunday night and told the boys that we would go do something if they let me sleep until 10:30. And, it worked. We decided to go to the zoo.

I have been dissing on our zoo lately. I mean, there are hardly any animals left there. Everything has died or left our zoo to be at other zoos. But Nick had not seen the baby elephant yet and how often do you get to see a baby elephant in person? So, we went.

We got to see a peacock in all its glory.


It really is so dang cute!




Here I had the boys prepped for a perfect picture and the giraffe started peeing right as I was going to take it sending the boys into hysterics. Ahhh, nature.


Right after the giraffe on the right peed, the one on the left put its head to the other's bottom and stuck its tounge out. This also was quite entertaining for the boys.


There was a super cute interaction in the tiger enclosure. One of the cubs was the only one awake and wandering around forever trying to find a playmate. He finally walked over to one of its brothers, nudged it with its head, gave it a big lick on the cheek, and plopped down next to him.



I can't remember what this animal is but I have officially decided it is the scariest animal there. It truly is freaky.


We spent a considerable amount of time in the creepy-crawly house. I let Nick be the photographer and I don't think I have ever taken so many pictures at the zoo.
He actually snapped some good ones. Luke also saw two frogs "wrestling". Ahhh, nature.

Then the boys went on the merry-go-round. I love that they all wanted to go on it even though most of them are getting so big. I guess the most simple things can make us happy.




We also played at the little park there for a while which we haven't done in years. Then off to 7-11 for the slurpee we get everytime on the way home from the zoo.

Then for FHE we decorated cookies. Yum.






Luke's cookie won the decorating contest...I love the rainbow effect.

4 comments:

Malma said...

How is it that we were at the zoo on the same day and didn't see eachother?
Oh wait...it's the zoo.

The cookies are adorable!

A said...

that scary thing is a hyrax and it is closely related to elephants, of all things!

sounds like spring has arrived in utah! that means fall here, but i'm ready for sweaters, so it is ok!

maxfamclan said...

I love the baby animals! It is an entirely different experience for me. Very, very fun! Love the cookies too!

The Beckstroms said...

ok, lots of things. I love that you had an absolutely perfect day!! I love warm weather, it just lifts you up! Also, you made me so excited to see that cute little baby elephant, will you come with us?! That creepy little animal is the scariest thing, Adam and I enlarged the picture and couldn't stop laughing out of fright. Next, I don't know how long it's been since I've seen you in a hat, way way cute! maybe 1996 I told Adam was the last time you wore a hat :) The boys are darling and Caroline LOVED her letter from Liam and she puts Olive's note on Olive all the time. Thanks Liam!! Love you xoxox