Sunday, May 13, 2012

*seusstastical*


The Kindergarten at Liam's school celebrated Dr. Seuss's birthday. I am sure many of the schools around did as well, but as always, I was super impressed with his teacher's creativity.

The parents were invited to come and read the works of this literary genius with the kids. My cute dad came and read with Liam.



The kids were told they could dress up as their favorite Seuss character. Here are a couple of my favorites:



There were tons of activities.

We made oobleck, which was just cornstarch and water with a little food coloring. But you would have thought we made it rain macaroni and cheese with how delighted they were with the results.

Then they had their feet painted to represent the Foot Book...

...and they made hats to give kudos to the famous Cat in the Hat.

I absolutely adore his class. I am fortunate that I am able to volunteer on a weekly basis so I have been able to get to know all of their little personalities quite well. He has made some good friends. I wish that I could have his teacher follow him throughout his academic career.

For dinner we continued the celebration and had red velvet and plain pancakes stacked like a hat, fruit truffula trees, green eggs and ham and for dessert we had Grinch parfaits which was just layered pistachio pudding and cool whip.

In the words of Dr. Seuss: “Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.”



No comments: