Wednesday, September 25, 2013

*4th*

Oh, how I love the fourth of July.

I love our country with all my heart. I am so grateful for those who fight for our freedom.

I also love spending time with family. I worked the day shift--so weird--until 3 p.m. Later that afternoon we met at my sister's home for a BBQ.






One of my most favorite traditions that we just recently started a couple years ago is going to a Bee's game on the fourth. We just sit on the lawn so the kids can run around and we can have the luxury of spreading out our legs and enjoy each other's company.







My sister and I showed up in the same shirt and tried to get a cute picture. I seriously think we took over 30 pictures and one of us would find something wrong with ourselves in every one. We got laughing so hard that we were crying.


The game was pretty exciting. We were ahead at the beginning but in the fourth inning Tacoma came back to tie the game. Going into the bottom of the ninth inning we were still tied and I was really hoping the game wouldn't go into extra innings because the kids were getting restless and wanted the fireworks to start. As if the batter could read my mind, he vaulted the Bees to victory with a walk off grand slam home run! It was awesome and the boys were even more excited because that means that their ticket was good for a grand slam breakfast at Denny's. Can't beat that.

And seriously, the fireworks are out of bounds amazing. My dad had never seen them at the ballpark and it was so cute listening to his reaction.



I told the boys that this is where we will be every fourth and even if they have dates, they need to come. For now, they seemed excited about it. I hope they do come in the future because it is such a lovely way to spend the nation's birthday.

No comments: