Monday, September 9, 2013

*aloha 'oe*

Alas, our time in Maui had to come to an end.

One huge consolation was that we were going to see our sweet boys again and have memories to last us a lifetime.

Some of our most favorite memories were

  • live music at dinner
  • the color of the water. I want to paint every room in my house the beautiful, deep turquoise.
  • sitting on the beach
  • sunsets
  • Justin snorkeling with the sea turtles
  • guys in speedos--actually, this was pretty gross.
  • going to church on Sunday
  • listening to Hawaiian music in the car. The entire time. Maybe we could push for a radio station like that here in Utah? I think it would cut down on road rage quite significantly.

We loved just being together.


A dream come true for me. The beach, a good book, and a diet coke. Absolutely perfect.


We stayed at the beach as long as we could on our last day and then packed up. We ate lunch at Leilani's and were able to get a table on the balcony. The view was magnificent, the company amazing, and I even had real, not breaded, fish tacos. I have to say there is something about fresh fish all packaged together in a little tortilla. They were to die for.


We took a few selfies.



Saw a cloud that resembled a sea turtle.


We made it back to Ma'alaea and visited the Maui Ocean Center to pass the time until our flight left. It was a little disappointing, I thought it would have a place where you could look directly into the ocean to see all the sea life. They did have a tiger shark which was pretty cool. Justin was actually a little obsessed with it.





Justin really wanted to get another po'boy from the general store but the grill was closed. Bummer. We ended up eating at another cute little place called Beach Bums. I loved the view. And I loved this swordfish because it reminded me of the movie Get Smart. If you have seen it, you are thinking what I am thinking.


Aloha 'oe Maui. Until we meet again.

  • No comments: