Tuesday, September 10, 2013

*end of year festivities*

Whew. Another school year done. I can't believe it.

I was fortunate enough to make it to all the festivities. Liam and Luke both had cute programs and Andrew graduated from sixth grade. This blows my mind. He was so ready!

I love going to see the production that the kids have worked so hard on for weeks and they are always so proud to show off what they have been perfecting.

Liam is in the French immersion program at school and is liking it. I think I may need to start learning French so I can keep up a little bit as he progresses in school! Here he is with his good friend singing a few French songs.





Luke's program was all about America. I was very impressed with it. They learned quite a few songs about America, dances from different times in American history like the Charleston and Luke's class did the electric slide, and Luke even had a speaking part!





I volunteered to help out with the sixth grade graduation. It was actually pretty fun. They had a lunch and yearbook signing at Olympus Hills park and then we headed to Classic Fun center for the rest of the afternoon. I don't want to lie, but going to Classic sounded like torture. I actually haven't ever taken my kids there because one time Nick went to a birthday party and when I picked him up, he had a black eye. It seemed so crowded and dirty so I never wanted to go back.

When we arrived, we were the only ones there for a while so it wasn't too bad and the adults just hung out at a table and chatted while sipping on diet coke. It was the easiest volunteer assignment I think I have ever had. I am glad that I was able to support Andrew and hang out with him a little bit. He sincerely is one of the sweetest boys and thanked me over and over for coming and even gave me hugs in front of everyone. I am a blessed mom.


His amazing teacher, Mrs. Chatelain. There were 41 kids in his class and she kept right on top of things--and they did so many fun and educational activites. I couldn't even keep track of them all! So organized and no one slipped through the cracks.


The graduation program was nice. He didn't want to smile for me.



I am so proud of this boy. He worked hard this year and tries his best in everything he does. He will do great in junior high!


We celebrated his big day by me taking him out to lunch at his favorite hangout, Subway, and then the family enjoyed going to the Dodo for dinner. Yum.

No comments: