Monday, April 27, 2009

I have been living in a dark, deep hole and have finally emerged.

Never, ever, EVER again will I work for five nights in a row. I suggest that no one else try it either. But how thoughtful of the weather to be sunny today in celebration of my first day awake in a while. Oh, yes. It feels good.

Random happenings over the last week:

-Nicholas hit his first home run and pitched an amazing game. He has had a little problem with confidence when it comes to hitting so hopefully this boosts his morale!

-Andrew and Nicholas had a violin recital and both did well and then six days later had their Federation competition and both received Superior ratings. Although they grumble daily about having to practice, they really enjoy doing well when they perform and I can justify making them practice because it is teaching them a valuable lesson!

-Andrew had a school play and sang a solo!

-Luke got 100% on his spelling test for the first time ever. I don't think the word beaming could quite describe the pride that was on his face.

-And Liam, well...he is just as cute as ever. We were listening to a CD my cute sister Erika made me of the Enchanted soundtrack. I think we listened to "How Does He Know" about 10 times on the way home from my parents house last night. When we pulled into the garage and turned the car off, Liam said: "I truly enjoy that song."

-Justin and I are still plugging away at life and work and such. As for me today, it is a day of laundry, grocery shopping and buying clothes for Nick since he is shooting up like a weed and all his pants are above his ankles. Luckily it is the season for shorts!

9 comments:

Adrianne said...

oh my goodness glad that you survived!! hopefully the cards will be in your favor this week and you won't have to work too much!

Enjoy the sunshine!

Stephanie said...

Tell Nicholas congrats on his first homeroom. That is totally awesome. Oh and tell Andrew and Nicholas that practice makes perfect. Keaton hates to practice the piano and grumbles but I tell him, he'll grumble more in 10 yrs when he wishes that he didn't quit.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, the joys of getting your kids to practice. My dad told mom that I should quit if I didn't practice but she held firm and I'm glad that she did. Playing an instrument is supposed to help you academically too so they will be smarter than they already are.

Also, don't ever work that much again. I worry about you. You have to stay healthy so that you can raise your incredible family. You are a great mother and you need to be able to continue on. We want you around for a long time.
Love, Mom

The Kleins said...

I can't imagine how you made it! And you were still smiling when I saw you. You make grumpy look not so bad. I would have been a raving @$*@!

maxfamclan said...

Congrats! I hope the pay check has a little something special for YOU in it!!! You deserve it after all that hard work. It sounds like you are having a lot of fun at home too!

Sandie said...

When I saw you the other day, I had know idea you were on night #4, or was it #5. Anyway, you looked great and you were still smiling. I am impressed.

Whitney said...

You worked 5 12's in a row?! Holy cow woman!!!!

And that's so fab that Andrew sang a solo, I hope he never loses his desire to sing in front of people, it's gift!

The Beckstroms said...

Yea, I am glad that you make it through the week. Sounds like the boys have been up to lots and lots of good! We can't wait to come see Liam and Nick play ball...Andrew and Luke aren't playing, right?
Also, warn Andrew that I am going to request him to sing his solo on Sunday..Can't wait to hear it!

Adam B said...

No worries about the floods. I hear that they come in handy this time of year, especially if you have any trips planned to houston. All of your boys are so grown up! Way to go on the Homerun, superior music marks, and 100% on spelling. Your boys are amazing!!!