Sunday, April 19, 2009

It's tempting.

I think I might move to Lehi just for their recreation center.

Have you been there? It is phenomenal, fabulous fun.


I love it mostly because it is pretty shallow for almost the entire enormous area that it is housed in and I don't have to worry about the older boys as much. That is essential when I take them swimming by myself.


We had such a great time. I ran into one of my friends from work who also had her kids. Luke and her son became fast friends.


I also love that my boys loved playing together and got along while we were there.


Really, go here. It will not disappoint.


For lunch, we stopped at Subway. Andrew is really into footlongs since his friend boasted he had eaten an entire one in a sitting. Since Andrew was getting one, Luke had to have one too. Luckily for me, ALL the footlongs were $5 so I agreed. The excitement that followed was too funny for me. I think Luke said "five dollar footlong" about 80 times while we were there. While he was ordering his sandwich, he told them: "this is what I want on my $5 footlong." After they wrapped it up, he told me that "this is the best $5 footlong he had ever seen" and while he was eating it he said(multiple times): "Wow. my $5 footlong is the best." or "do you want a taste of my $5 footlong?" You get the idea. It wasn't just a sandwich, it was the mighty $5 footlong. Thank you Subway for putting the icing on a fabulous day for a 6 year old boy and his mom who couldn't get enough of his exuberance.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

ooo that looks like such a fun place. I can't wait for kids so I can have an excuse to go to recreational centers and not look like a pyscho!!

Stephanie said...

I love their pool. My brother lives in Lehi and we go there with them. We should plan to get together and take the kids there one day. They would love it. We need to do that more often anyway.

Lohra said...

I think I may have to incorporate "$5 footlong" in my vocabulary more often. It's so aptly descriptive. :) I'm curious though, did Luke actually finish his too?