Friday, April 2, 2010

april fools and the aquarium

Our outing today was to our local aquarium. We haven't been for a while and we heard there were a couple new exhibits that we had to see. I don't know if it was because it was spring break, or because of the new exhibits or what but it was the most crowded I have ever seen this place.

I love watching the jellyfish. I seriously think the next time I need to relax or am having a bad day, I just may come and watch these guys do their thing. Liam liked them too.




They have seahorses now which were super cute...




...and a tank with some crazy sealife in it.




Of course one of the main attractions of the day was touching the stingrays. All the boys were able to touch one, the stingrays were being exceptionally friendly. One even came up out of the water and waved at Andrew. He was done for a while after that.

Then we went to see the penguins. No, this was not a typo. They have penguins, indoors. I don't know how they feel about this indoor stint but they were making the most of it. Much more exciting than watching the ones at the zoo. They were swimming and having a grand old time. It was pretty cool to see them up close and personal.





Then off to the South American exhibit. This had poisonous tree frogs of many different varieties, piranha, an anaconda, and some sweet spiders. Then Liam and I went to play in the kiddie place since he was getting a little claustrophobic and the other two went to play again with the stingrays for a while.







And no, I have not disowned Nicholas. He was at his coach's house waiting to go down to a baseball tournament in Mesquite. Don't even get me started.

And, it wouldn't have been an April Fool's day without some cupcakes for dinner and fake Kool-aid (water with food coloring in it). I usually do a pizza for dessert but this year I followed a friend's idea and had kitty litter.


5 comments:

Malma said...

So..you're kidding me, right?
I told Alma to take the kids to the aquarium yesterday while I was at work...which he did.
Again...we think of the same places on the same days. Why don't we just do this stuff together and save us the trouble? :)
And April Fools foods are awesome!

Lindsey Buck said...

Was it the aquarium by our house, on 106th? I have a ton of friends who work there! It's a fun place. I haven't seen the penguins yet. And jellyfish scare the crap out of me!

The Winegar's said...

Looks like fun. Next time I want to go.

Here And Happy! said...

Your boys are so lucky to have a mom that makes life so incredibly FUN! Sorry to hear that Nicholas is getting close to topping out on young, innocent fun. The game changes, but I'm sure you'll love the "new rules". Can't wait to read about it.

The Beckstroms said...

Way cute april fool's ideas! I will copy those next year. LOVE the fake Kool-Aid. Caroline would be ticked "JUICE I SAID!" (I bet she would say) Way cool pics of the aquarium and I loved the sting ray story. I would be a little frieked out too. Cute drewbie.