Thursday, April 8, 2010

field trip

Nothing says headache like a second grade field trip.

Did I say headache? I meant FUN.

On my way back to the school after dropping Liam off at daycare I thought about stopping and getting a diet coke. I thought I was late so that didn't happen but in the end I wasn't late so I could have stopped but all is great now because I am sipping on one as we speak. Ahhhhh.

We headed to the Museum of Natural History up at the University of Utah and then after lunch to the Hale Center Theater for a tour. Like one of the girls in my group said: "It's two field trips in one!" Yep, it was a bargain.

Here are Luke and his best buddy Jack on the bus and okay, do you ever remember your school bus being souped up like this? I don't either. We watched Brother Bear on the way to the museum and Monster's Inc. on the way back to the school. I don't know if anyone heard anything, but it was there to stare at and make up your own dialog if you wanted to.




My cute group I was in charge of for the day...Luke, Jack, Aimee, and Shaylie



Here we are at the museum. We had a scavenger hunt to find different minerals (there were even ones that glowed in the dark), the mine, and parts of the life cycle. The highlights were the huge T-rex skull, the mine, and the display of spiders and creepy crawlies. After exploring for a while we ate lunch outside and let the kids run around.







Then off to the Hale Center Theater.



This was our tour guide. She was very purply.



The kids got to act out different things...a circus performer, an old man/woman, and the girls were supermodels and the boys were muscle men. All the pictures I got of the performances were either too dark or too blurry but I got a kick out of watching these little people. Then we got a backstage tour. Luke says he wants to go back to see the moveable stage actually move. I think this can definately be arranged.

4 comments:

The Winegar's said...

Sounds like a fun time and I'm glad that you got your Diet Coke to make it more enjoyable.

The Beckstroms said...

Now that is a field trip, no messin around there! And the TV's in the bus!? Luke looks like a little heart throb. What a cutie. You have made my mouth water for a fizzy Diet Coke!

Here And Happy! said...

Blessed parent volunteers...you have no idea how we teachers love you.

The Beckstroms said...

Also, when you said "purply" were trying to be like buddy the Elf, cause that's who i thought of, I loved it!