Monday, April 5, 2010

happy easter 2010

I can't believe it is April already. Time seems to be going so much faster than I ever remember--is it possible that the Earth is spinning faster than it did when I was little?

We had a great Easter weekend.

Here are some photos that I haven't posted yet of the fun annual neighborhood Easter egg hunt that I organize. My friend initiated this in my old neighborhood and I loved it so I have carried on the tradition here in my neighborhood since moving in three years ago. I remember going to huge Easter egg hunts when I was little and not getting a ton of loot and being grumpy about it. Because of this, I have never taken my kids to a huge hunt at a park and this hunt is a wonderful alternative. If anyone wants any info on how to do this, it is super easy and so much fun. It is divided into 3 different age groups and I can't believe that my baby has moved up into the big leagues. It was the weekend before Easter so and the weather was actually nice instead of the snowy mess that arrived the weekend of Easter!





Two of the cute girls in the neighborhood, Kate and Nyah, with the boys.


On Friday, April 2 to continue with the Spring Break activities, we hung out at Discovery Gateway for the day. This super freaky Easter Bunny was there handing out eggs full of Silly Putty to all the kids.






On Saturday, Justin and Andrew went on a Daddy-Son date to see Clash of the Titans. It received a very enthusiastic thumbs up from Drewbie and Justin liked it but says he liked the old one better. After the morning session of General Conference (wasn't Julie Beck's talk awesome?) Luke, Liam, and I went up to see my parents and ended up just running errands. It was actually a lot of fun--we stopped in a pet store, went to lunch at McDonalds, and then to get candy for the hunt the next day.


Easter itself was super fun and super busy. Poor Nicholas didn't arrive home from his tournament until 4 am on Sunday morning and since Justin and I stayed up to wait for him, we had a pretty lazy start to the morning. Luckily the night before I made cinnamon rolls to pop in the oven for breakfast and the younger three were so very considerate to let us sleep in a little and they didn't even try to find their baskets or snitch any of the candy the Easter Bunny left them! It was nice to eat chocolate and cinnamon rolls while watching conference in our jammies rather than having to get up to go to church.

At Grandma and Grandpa Scotts (I totally stole this picture from my sisterinlaw's blog but it is so cute of all the cousins!):

The Easter Bunny dropped off some goods for all the kids--a towel for the pool, money, a whistle, a pinwheel, and of course, chocolate.

Then the boys were spoiled even more with another hunt at Grandma and Grandpa Winegars but the hit of the hunt were the bubble wands:



My cute cousin Dave playing with the boys:


Justin taught Nicholas everything he knows about Whopper egg lipstick and how to channel his inner Zoolander:



And some random photos captured by our intern photographer--none of these photos are very flattering to many of the subjects pictured but holy cow, he was laughing the entire time he was taking them.
A self portrait:

Erika:

Gigi:

Dad:

Erika and Laura:

Kate and Clark:


Just a little sidenote about conference, I loved it. I always do but this one was an answer to many, many prayers. So many inspiring talks about family and what we as parents need to do for our sweet children. I feel a bit overwhelmed at all I still need to improve on but excited for the challenge. Can't wait for the next issue of the Ensign!

3 comments:

The Winegar's said...

I bet the boys will be on a chocolate high for awhile. They made "bank". Conference was wonderful. We heard what we really needed to hear. It's always a let-down after. Yea, Ensign!!

The Beckstroms said...

Liam is a pretty good little intern. Love the pic of dad, CLASSIC! And oh, so cute Clark and Kate, love it. Your posts kill me and give me a great ab workout. That Easter bunny is the FRIEKIEST thing out! Who in their right mind wants to go talk to that crazy loony eyed creature? Guess I'm old school. Love you! Happy Easter and yes, I too loved conference and needed to hear all the parent talks. Such a blessing to hear.

maxfamclan said...

I want info on your Easter Egg hunt. Our neighbors used to do one but have stopped the last few years (their kids are getting older) so I have been thinking about it. I love all the pics! And conference was particularly enjoyable I thought to with all the family focused talks.