Monday, August 23, 2010

best.icecream.ever

I believe in bribery.

I believe it does amazing things for my sanity.

I just found the bribery mecca. The supreme being of bribery.

It is Subzero icecream in Jordan Landing.

It was awesome.

I was on an errand taking Luke and Liam to get new school shoes. Before we got into the car to go to Jordan Landing they were literally bouncing off the walls. Add bouncing boys with shoe shopping and you get absolute chaos. I had heard about Subzero from a friend and told them that if they behaved that I would take them to get ice cream. No matter that it was dinner time and they would most likely spoil their appetite--I was on a mission to have the most pleasant shopping experience possible.

Luke found shoes he wanted right off the bat that were decent looking and the right price but my little Liam...we went through 6 different pair of shoes because all of the ones he wanted were ugly or too expensive or his size was unavailable. Finally I found some that were similar to one of the more expensive pair that were much less expensive and I told him "I bet these make you run really fast." And you know what? It worked.

Voila! Mission accomplished. We headed over to get their reward.

I didn't just love this place for their ice cream. I love it twofold. They didn't even think I was weird one bit because I was taking pictures. The guy that was making our ice cream even set up photo ops for me and when the boys were laughing at all the smoke from the liquid nitrogen, he smiled at them and I could tell that he thought they were just the cutest things ever.

Here they are watching their ice cream get frozen.



Liam ordered bubblegum flavored icecream with bubblegum.


You don't get this much pleasure out of ordinary ice cream.


This is one of the "staged" pictures. The guy asked me if I was able to capture the smoke on my camera and if I didn't, he could do it again. Seriously, how awesome is he? Give this kid a raise!


I may have to create more opportunities for bribes...er, I mean rewards. It is totally worth it.

2 comments:

The Winegar's said...

You're such a great mom. The boys will look back and remember all the fun things that you have done together. You make every day events fun.....who cares if you "bribe" them once in awhile. It makes the every day doldrums not so bad.

Jer + Lu said...

Yum, yum, yum! Can't wait to check it out!