Friday, August 27, 2010

blastoff

A new adventure is beginnning. 5...4...3...2...1...hold on, sit tight, Liam is turning 5.

I still have him held captive at 4 for a few more days and it is killing him.

The other day Justin put syling product in his hair and spiked it up. Liam came to me and whined "I hate gel." "Why? It makes you look so handsome!" "It is just so...spikey!" "Well, I think it makes you look like you are five." That was the ticket. A huge grin took over his face and he skipped off like he always wanted his hair spikey. Five is a big deal.

We had his family party on Wednesday and we were invaded by martians.


I am really liking this color combination. If it wouldn't be so obnoxious in a huge space, I would consider decorating a room in them.


I had a lot of fun getting the treats for his favors. There was a crystal looking sucker, a glow bracelet, a sheet of stickers, a Buzz Lightyear or martian tatoo, and a toy story fruit snack. It was so hard to choose from all the fun things!


We just had a small party with cake and ice cream and presents. It was fun because most everyone was able to make it and even in our current tight quarters, it went off well. Liam got some fun things and it was a great variety of stuff. He received a scooter, a pair of binoculars, a magnifying glass, a book about Biscuit, a singing car, a Guess Who game, magnets that make cool things, and a Buzz Lightyear that speaks Spanish. Thank you everyone!

Happy birthday to you!










I love you my little space ranger...to infinity and beyond.

3 comments:

maxfamclan said...

time goes too fast! he is adorable, and you are the cutest poster girl! (as in blog poster...not sure that worked in type..hmmm). Any way, looks like it was a great way to celebrate a memorable day!

Jer + Lu said...

Your party turned out so cute. Love love love those cupcakes!! I love the spiky-hair-makes-you-look-five story. Such a fun age!

The Winegar's said...

I love Liam and can't believe that he is 5!! The party was fun but you didn't get a funny pic of me this year as we released the balloons. Haha Can't wait to see the pics of the friend birthday party. You have such great ideas and they turn out so so cute. Happy Birthday today Liam.