Saturday, August 7, 2010

hillbilly bone

We all got a hillbilly bone down deep inside
No matter where you from you just can't hide it
And when the band starts banging and the fiddle saws
You can't help but hollering, Yee Haw!
--Blake Shelton


I have loved country music as long as I can remember. In high school I was not super confident about myself and my love for this misunderstood genre so while I listened to some pretty sweet tunes, there was always a part of me that was wishing for some good old southern hospitality and some fried chicken.

During my senior year in high school, we started hanging out with a real live cowboy. He even wore his boots to class. I saw this as an opportunity and bought my own pair of boots and wore them frequently. In college I started going country dancing and bought my first Garth Brooks CD.

Last weekend I fed my addiction when a few friends and I went to the Lady Antebellum/Tim McGraw concert. I have always been a big fan of Lady A since their first single played on the radio but to be honest, I change the station more often than not when Tim comes on. That will happen no more. I have been converted to true fan status. He put on an amazing show.

Here is Lady A:


We met up with some other gals from work in between the two shows. (Back: Laura, Julee, Kim, me. Front: Maren and Angelese.)


I would know that silouette anywhere. Now I know I said that I wasn't a huge fan of his music but that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate a sweet looking cowboy.



There was a girl in front of us who's hillbilly bone was broken. I took some video of her skills but it wouldn't upload. It is hard to appreciate the way she could move with just written commentary, but if you can imagine Elaine's dance on Seinfeld and multiply it to the tenth power, you have an idea. Now I am pretty uncoordinated myself but she made me look like a regular Justin Timberlake.Here we are trying to imitate her.






Good times, good friends, a night under the stars...what a way to spend a summer evening.

5 comments:

Here And Happy! said...

There's nothin' better than a girl's night out, appreciatin' what God gave a person! I love your spirit Corinne, how you're stayin' so alive.

maxfamclan said...

I loved Tim McGraw 10x more after seeing him a few years ago too! What a great night. And your "hillbilly" quote is so very hilarious...and true!

Jer + Lu said...

What a fun night!! We've got to do it again sometime soon! There was nothing better than watching you shake your stuff, crazy-Elaine-wannabe-style!! You are so much fun + a blast to be around!!

Mary Anne said...

So here you were being so nice and making a bunch of classic rock mixes with us, and I had know idea you liked country music. I don't love listening to country, but I used to like dancing to it. John G. was definitely a cowboy, if that's who you were referring to in your post.

Heather-joy said...

Dear Corinne!!!

We here at he U of U L&D miss you. I just looked at your blog for the ... ahem ... first time in forever. I apologize for falling off the blog stalking habit. First of all, I don't get the love for country music BUT I sure do love you and that it makes you so happy. Secondly, your hair is gorgeous! I can't believe how long it is, it looks amazing. You look amazing. Third... please come back to the U!!! Sorry to your friends at IMC but we miss you! I hope all is well with you and your boys :)