Wednesday, December 8, 2010

sledding

We took advantage of the dreaded post Thanksgiving so-called blizzard of 2010 and went sledding. I also bought myself a new camera as early Christmas present to myself and wanted to take it out for a spin.




I love Liam's face in this one.
The boys took their rides off a pretty sweet jump and how they each handled the jump was pretty entertaining.


Liam scored multiple free rides up the hill. Thank goodness it wasn't too steep.




Also as a post Thanksgiving tradition, I had the boys write their letters to Santa. I only had two excited boys that did it this year, so sad. But I think the two that wrote them are a bit nervous that they haven't been the best they could have been this year so they wanted to lay the charm on pretty darn thick.


Dear Santa,
I have been a good boy this year. I petted Maisy, I goed in the shower, I washed Maisy with Nick, I was good with mom.
For Christmas I would like a pillow pet dog, a CD player, and some CDs like an Imagination Mover CD, and some leapster games. Can I have a rubber ball?
How is Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer? Does he talk? Did you marry Mrs. Claus?
Liam

Dear Santa,
I practice my cello. Somtimes I brush my teeth. I am nice to my freinds. What I want for Christmas is some tech decks and for D.S. soulsilver pokemon game and a skateboard. Is the North Pole cold? Do you like reindeer? How old are you?
From, Luke

When discussing how old Santa was one day on the way home from somewhere, Liam asked if Santa was going to die. I said, "No, Santa is very old but he will never die. He is a magic old elf." Luke said, "Santa is just a magic old fat man."

Well that magic old fat man is bringing you presents and he likes chocolate covered cinnamon bears and candy cane hot chocolate. And they better be waiting for him...or else.

3 comments:

The Winegar's said...

Sledding looked fun and your camera took some great pictures. Boy, those jumps they went off of -Andrew really got some air. It's fun to have all these traditions and activities with your family. The boys will remember their childhood as a great one. Thanks mom and dad.

The Beckstroms said...

Those letters are the BEST!! I am so going to see if Caroline wants to or will write one tomorrow. Great idea! That is so fun. And please pass the cinnamon bears covered in chocolate and that hot cocoa...divine!

maxfamclan said...

I must say, I adore the Santa treat requests! Santa has never given us such hints! Love it!!!

Sledding & camera looked great!