Tuesday, October 4, 2011

adventure *days 17&18&19*

Ahhh...home again.

We decided to drive back along I-70 to get more exposure to the United States. See things we have never seen before. I really wanted to see Kansas since I have never been there before and the boys had never been to Colorado.

It actually was quite a nice drive. I liked Kansas more than I thought I would.

Another big attraction for Nick especially, was seeing the Colts stadium in Indianapolis.

We were able to see the beautiful Washington D.C. temple on our way out of the city. It is gorgeous!

When Justin and I were first married we had a goal to visit all of the temples around the world. We are way far behind. I hope one day to see the inside of this one.



We stopped in West Virginia to eat lunch. No where fancy, just at Wendy's and Subway, but in order for us to say we have been in a state we have to eat or sleep there.

Check West Virginia off the list.

We made it to Indianapolis in the mid afternoon and Nick fulfilled a dream and saw the home of his favorite team. His other dream is to see Peyton Manning play. I hope that we can make it happen.

This stadium was amazing.




We ate at another Triple D approved joint the Steer In Cafe. We got to put a little pin in the map right near Herriman, UT. We were only the second people from Utah to visit.

We drove on to Terre Haute--how in the world do you actually say this? I heard at least three different pronunciations.

Drove through Missouri. I think if I were driving I would have taken a detour to the big arch in St. Louis. But I wasn't.

Then came Kansas. We made it all the way to Goodland which is the western most city before leaving that great state. They boast the largest Van Gogh sunflower painting in the world. We ate at a delicious, reasonably priced local diner called Shiraz.

I was a little leery of the place because it sounds like it is named after a hooker, but it really has good food.

Our route continued on I-70 to Denver and then we connected to I-15 through Wyoming and then home.

It was lovely to be back. And even more lovely to relive our wonderful trip over and over and over. One we will never forget.

1 comment:

The Winegar's said...

This last summer was quite the adventure and I am so glad that you could do and see all that you did. It will be one you won't forget and will talk about for years and years.