Tuesday, October 25, 2011

*liam*

Six.

Liam is officially a little boy. He has been impatiently waiting for this magical number to come because it means kindergarten. And getting bigger muscles. And a visit from the tooth fairy. He has not had a visit yet, nor is her presence needed anytime soon, but he is sure wiggling his bottom front left tooth like there is no tomorrow saying it is getting looser.

He is such a delightful little being. There are so many things that I love about him and so many things that frustrate me as well. But they all mesh together nicely to create the person he is.

I am so happy that he is so versatile. It is a blessing with my crazy schedule and running the boys here, there, and everywhere. I don't feel I give him the attention that he needs because I am tired much of the time which makes me sad because this is the last year that I will have any of my kids at home at all during the day. I feel guilty that I make excuses why we don't go out all the time playing the day away when I should be relishing this opportunity. I need to live in the now and not worry so much about losing a couple hours of sleep here and there. That I can catch up on...this time I will never get back.

I love to have him help me in the kitchen. He enjoys making cookies and he is a mean egg cracker. And he always remembers to wash his hands after he is done breaking them.

I love feeling his little hand grab mine whenever we are walking anywhere.

I love how his eyelashes touch the lenses of his glasses.

He still will climb into bed with us, more often than not lately. It is Justin's fault but he snuggles with me. I am tempted to shove him over to the other side of the bed but I don't and I am too tired to walk him back to his own. So I smell his stinky breath for a few minutes and then drift back off to sleep.

I love that he is still in the stage where he mixes up his words and says funny things like "Maverick store" for "fabric store." That one took me a while to figure out.

He is good at math. He is getting good at reading and very frustrated with all of the different rules of the English language.

He leaves his mark everywhere, preferably with a black permanent marker.

I love the look on his face when he is trying to figure out how something works. He cocks his head to one side with his mouth open and raises one eyebrow as he focuses on the different gears and inner workings of the machine. He wants to be a "fixer" like those on the television show How It's Made.

He is a good friend. I love watching him interact with all of his classmates in school. I walk into his class to get him and as we walk by all the cars of the carpools there are always multiple kids yelling out the window "Bye, Liam!" I love it.

He loves Dr. Pepper, peanut butter and honey sandwiches for breakfast, and Spongebob. His movie of choice right now is Monsters Inc. He sings along to country in the car. He gives amazing hugs.

How I love this quirky, charming, sweet, sassy, naughty, and delicious boy.

His breakfast was happy to see him.


He wanted a new scooter for his birthday because he left his other new one that he received for his last birthday at a park where we were watching a baseball game. It wasn't exactly the same as the old one, but it has bigger wheels and a little place to rest your back foot. He thought it was awesome.


He also wanted a happy napper, not to be confused with the pillow pet.


We walked (and rode) over to Iceberg to have lunch. I am glad that it was empty because he rode his scooter around and around and around the joint to his heart's content.



I love how he is holding his drink. So manly.



His new glasses even came in on his birthday. He was so excited to pick these up just in time for school to start. I think they make him look so distinguished.


I worked the night of his birthday so the next day my dad came and picked him up to take him out to lunch to McDonalds.


Then for dinner we had Liam's requested culinary delights: spaghetti with meatballs, garlic rolls, salad with cucumbers, carrots, ranch dressing, and crust (croutons). And he requested a lego cake.

It was a pathetic looking thing but it passed the test.



Happy birthday little man.




2 comments:

ClancyPants said...

Holy crap, that's a cute kid. In every picture, I just want to squeeze his face. All your kids are darling.... yet, your Liam pulls my heartstrings in a different way. Maybe it's because he reminds me of my Rohan, who is such a delightful child.

Such a sweet post...

Happy Birthday, little dude!

The Winegar's said...

Liam is one of a kind and we love him to death! It was fun to have him over the other night too - just him.