Sunday, October 30, 2011

*s'more please*

Liam's birthday celebrations went on into the weekend (and actually even longer since his friend party was a little later into September) as we celebrated with our family.

Welcome to Camp Oogabooga.



My mother in law graciously hosted our party in her backyard. I originally was toying with the idea of having the party in the canyon but am glad I decided against it. It was super cozy at the Scott's house and near the very end of the party it began to sprinkle a bit so it was nice to have the option to retreat indoors.



We had a fun activity for the kids that involved glow in the dark paint while we were waiting for everyone to arrive. It was a little hectic so I didn't get any pictures but the finished product looked more or less like this:



To go along with the camping theme we lit up the firepit and gathered around it to make s'mores.

I adore s'mores. I think that they are one of the best treats in the entire world.

I put together a bar that had quite a few possibilities for s'more combinations.
There were plain, chocolate and cinnamon graham crackers. Marshmellow choices were regular, chocolate swirl, caramel swirl, toasted coconut, and strawberry. The candy centers consisted of milk chocolate hershey bars, dark chocolate hershey bars, reeces peanut butter cups, york peppermint patties, and to add a bit more variety there were bananas and oreos as well. I found itty bitty mint marshmellows but didn't know how they would fare getting roasted, maybe next time I will try to make my own minty delights.

I couldn't decide if I liked the cinnamon graham-banana-reeces-plain marshmellow or the chocolate graham-coconut marshmellow-dark chocolate combo better. Both are highly recommended.

We put lights up around the table to create the illusion we were out under the stars.


It was such a fun night. Sitting around a campfire visiting and laughing with people I love is one of my most favorite things in the world.





I think everyone else had a good time too.












Most importantly, Liam loved it.

Being the center of attention has never been a problem for him though.

2 comments:

Mistie said...

I loved this party! It was so fun and perfect and creative. Happy we could come and celebrate bith cute liam.

Jer + Lu said...

Love the camping theme. Perfect party :)