Monday, October 31, 2011

*first day 2011*

I have a child in seventh grade.

It freaks me out a bit. How did I get so old?

I was so happy when their elementary charter school announced that they would be opening a middle school. There are definately pros and cons to any type of school but I have heard stories about the public school that Nick would have been attending. And they weren't good stories.

One big bonus of attending the new school was his group of friends were also going to join him. This made me immensely happy. I am so blessed that he found sincerely good boys to hang out with.



This little man started kindergarten this year if it wasn't already obvious from the huge sign on the door.

He brought his walkie talkie to join him in this monumental event.



He has been so excited all summer to go to "kinnergarden." Since I am back tracking just a bit and he has been in school a while, I can say that he has loved it. His teacher is amazing and does learning plans that blow my mind.




Our back to school dinner consisted of french dip sandwiches, steak fries with fry sauce, corn on the cob, yummy sodas, and for desert we had strawberry shortcake.



Nick said his goal is to get straight As.
Andrew doesn't want any missing work.
Luke said ditto to Andrew's.
Liam just wants to have fun.

My goal is to do my best to be with it enough to help them achieve their goals. So far I think we are doing okay.

2 comments:

The Winegar's said...

They are great boys and you and Justin have done so well raising them. I'm sure that they will do really well at school. Here's to the rest of the school year.

Jer + Lu said...

Oh, how I miss you! I need your inspiration. Boys, boys, boys + good meals :)