Monday, September 10, 2012

*10*

Luke reached double digits.



He was over the moon.

I don't know why, but I feel a little sad for my kids as they get older. I mean, I am ancient and love my birthday because it is my. special. day. I don't like it when other activities, reponsibilities and obligations fall on my birthday limiting the time there is actually spent celebrating me. Is it too much to ask for time to stop and let me relish the day I was born?

I mean, I try to make it special for them. Of course, there are parties and I make the dinner and cake they want on the night of their birthday. I take treats to their school. Justin has a fun tradition of taking the boys out sometime during their birthday week so he was able to do that. So it is not like they are forgotten...I just want to let them do whatever they want all. day. long. But alas, this is not realistic. What kind of mother would I be if I told them they could skip out on real life when their birthday rolled around?

Probably a pretty cool one, to be honest.

Liam and I took Luke to lunch at Iceberg and I let him order whatever he wanted. This resulted in a slight tummyache.

He was able to open up his presents after his baseball practice and Liam's baseball game and after Justin got home with Nick after his double header. See what I mean about real life?

He didn't seem to mind the wait though. I mean, look at that smile. And I don't remember the menu he planned for himself (the major issue with back-blogging) but he remembers it was roast beef. I am sure it was delicious.




We celebrated his family party at my parent's home. As you can tell, angry birds took over the joint.


It was a fun party. We had homemade pizzas and breadsticks. Yum.


I am terrible at getting pictures of everyone at the party. But here is Luke and his cute cousin Jackson.


And this is a little creepy but I was loving how my brother in law and sister were interacting. I also was so happy that they just moved back from D.C. so maybe that is why I was stalking them across the room. Anyhoo, here is a cute picture of them.


Continuing with the angry birds theme...




Holy cow, Luke. I love you so much. May all your wishes come true!


1 comment:

maxfamclan said...

I agree 100%!!! I want to be the cool mom too and let them skip out on everything, but mostly because I want the rest of the world to let me do that too! It should be mandatory in life that we all get our birthday's off from work and it is a valid excuse to get out of anything ;) The angry bird party is as cute as anything you have ever done! You are so fabulous. I admire you so much! I love that I get to call you a friend!