Friday, September 7, 2012

*major catch up*

Sheesh.

I had such good intentions to keep up on this thing during the summer. I love blogging, it is my only type of journal right now and we are so busy that it is nice to have this kind of outlet to help me remember everything.

Between working and feeling guilty that I had to sleep some of the boys' summer away, I let blogging take a back seat. But now, I am alone all. day. long. which is super sad but hopefully after I recover from my night shifts I can get back up to speed.

I better get going since life doesn't slow down.

First off, way way back in April, my sister had a birthday. We celebrated by going to Cafe Trio. I suggested it since my sister in law was due any day and they have a labor pizza and we wanted to see if it would work.

It didn't, but she said the pizza was delicious.



My sister, mom, and I got the most decadent french toast I have ever eaten. I seriously can still taste how perfect it was. French toast with sweet lemon ricotta and blueberry syrup.

I didn't want it to end.

It is not on the regular menu so I hope when I go another time that it will again be one of their specials. Maybe they will give me their secret recipe.

Liam got a hold of my camera and took some awesome pictures. These are some of my favorites:



I can't decide which one to put in the calendar this year. They are all so good!






The kindergarten put on their annual Nursery Rhyme festival.

It took a while for Liam to decide what character he wanted to be. None of them were manly enough. He finally decided on the knave of hearts.

His costume was super easy to make. I worked the night before the festival so I put Justin in charge of getting Liam ready. He forgot his glasses and the little mustache I wanted him to draw on his face but oh well.

He looks pretty darn cute anyway.






Liam with Miss Spens...


...and his amazing teacher Mrs. Katyal.


I can't remember what day this was but we were just up at my parent's home hanging out. Apparently I was obsessed with the hammock because I took about a million pictures but everyone was so happy and crazy I guess I wanted to capture the moment.





I love this because if you look at my dad's face it is his classic I-am-digging-my-elbow-into-your-thigh-tell-me-if-it-hurts face. I think I have about ten more that capture the varying degress of this expression as well. Luckily, Andrew doesn't seem too fazed.



I was lucky (?) enough to be asked to accompany Liam's class on their field trip to the zoo. I was also lucky (?) enough to ride the bus there and back.

Luckily (!) I was equipped with a diet coke. Next time I may bring some ear plugs.

I really did have fun. I had a bit of a freak out moment when one of the mom's came up and handed me their son's inhaler equipement--a huge bag worth--and said he rarely gets attacks but here is this stuff just in case. Mrs. Katyal said, "OH, she's a nurse so it will be fine."

I help deliver babies. I don't deal with asthma. If the kid were having contractions I could help out but heaven forbid he doesn't breathe. Fortunately, nothing happened and all the equipement stayed right inside the bag.





The zoo would not be complete without a train ride...


...or Liam hogging the map...


...or cooling off with some ice cream. I think I totally broke the rules by getting my group some so we were totally steath and I gave the kids brain freeze because they had to eat it super fast before we had to get on the bus.



Then it was Luke and Andrew's birthday party with their friends.

Wait. Andrew's birthday is in November you say? Yes, I was a loser and with football last fall it was too crazy that I never could make a party work for him. So it was an unbirthday party squeezed in with Luke's.

It all worked out.

We went to Airborne in Draper. The boys loved it. It is a smidge overpriced and not my favorite party place but I loved that there was an area for littler kids to play in complete with couches for the parents and Tangled was playing on the t.v.

I was set.

The boys jumped to their hearts content and then had pizza and opened presents.







On April 20, without any help from aforementioned labor pizza, my adorable new niece Nora arrived. We all love her so much.









The fourth grade had a play about rocks. They performed at Rose Wagner theater. It was pretty painful to sit through and Luke was part of the stage crew so I rarely was able to see him but sometimes as a parent you need to make sacrafices as in sitting through a really terrible production. If you squint really hard, he is one of the kiddos in black. You may need a magnifying glass.



And finally, we had a super fun party at work that celebrated St. Patrick's day, National Pancake day, and another day that I can't remember.



This is my darling friend whipping up the pancakes.


She made each of us an initial pancake. I felt so loved.


Stay tuned for more!

1 comment:

The Winegar's said...

Wow, what a lot to catch up on but you did a great job. I know there is tons more because you do so many fun things with your family and there are so many events you your lives. My vote for the calendar is the first pic of Clark. It will be great!