Monday, September 17, 2012

*kindergarten grad*

This sweet boy is growing up way too fast.

The last school year went by in a blur and before I was ready, it was over.

As you can tell, he is way more excited than I am that he is getting older.


We were so lucky that he went to such a fantastic school and we both absolutely adored his teacher and teacher's aide. I cannot believe the hours and work and dedication that they both put in to make school such a positive experience for their class.



There was a cute little program and the students sang a cute song and then each stood up to tell us what kindergarten meant for them. Liam said "Kindergarten is I like math."



Then Mrs. Katyal called out their names, they walked across the stage to get their diplomas and a lei and shook her hand and the principal's hand. Liam walked so fast I wasn't able to get one of the principal but oh well. And do you know what else?

I didn't even have time to cry. I think it helped that there wasn't a slide show. Those get me every time.











We went to get a treat at Uswirl afterward and my sister met us there. The program was very prompt and shorter than I thought it would be so she didn't make it to the actual graduation. Liam filled her in though on all the important details and was so happy she could come so he could show off all his treasures.


Liam put together a super cute book that had a self portrait, tracings of his hands and feet, how he writes his alphabet and numbers up to 100, and notes from Justin and me.

There was a page of favorites:

Color: red
Number: 7
Book: "Space"
Toy: my box
Game: jenga
Food: pasta
Candy: baby bottle pop
Animal: maisy
T.V. Show: sponge bob square pants
Season: summer
School Subject: math
Holiday: Christmas
Friend: Braxton

He also said he wants to be a monster truck driver when he grows up.

I think that is the cutest, most random thing ever.

I hope this summer lasts forever so I can delay the reality of all of my boys being in school all day long.

I may cry then. Don't judge.

1 comment:

The Winegar's said...

Liam you're great! I love your exuberance, your smile and your hugs. You are quite the wonderful boy.