Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy birthday Dad!

We were finally able to accomodate everyone's schedules to celebrate my dad's 60th birthday by going to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. It was a fun night--how could you go wrong with good food and fun company? (and this is the debut of my bangs on the blog. They were fun while they lasted but I should have realized that 15 years of not having them was a good thing...)


Doesn't he make 60 look good?





Andrea, Caroline, and Adam




Erika, Matt, and me


Nicholas was having fun making Caroline laugh. She is such a little love!

*Happy Birthday Dad!* Here are three reasons why we are so grateful for my dad:
1. He is seriously one of the most patient people I know. I have tried to incorporate this in large amounts while parenting my boys. I know this is a trait he learned from his own dad and it is one of my favorites.
2. He makes people feel comfortable. My mom also shares this trait. They just recently moved into a new home and I guess I shouldn't be surprised at all the friends they have made. He is a truly genuine person and I am sure this is what attracts people to him.
2 1/2. He is a voice of reason. And a good listener. I know of many people who will go to my dad for advice or just for someone to lend a listening ear. Thank you dad for all of your help throughout the years!
3. He is predictable. He is happy with M&Ms, Hersheys kisses, Dr. Pepper, pork chops and rice, plaid flannel shirts, anything to do with the Civil War and of course, the Utah Utes.

4 comments:

ClancyPants said...

Happy Birthday, Wayne! 60? Can it really be!?

Thanks for the post about your awesome dad, Corinne! He is such an incredible man and I'm so happy to have been around him for the years that I was able and to grow up as friends with his awesome kids!

Anonymous said...

I picked a good one didn't I? We have had a great life together and have a lot of fun. I'm glad that you think he is a wonderful father and person too.

Mom

Anonymous said...

I must add that he is patient with most people but I try it quite often. He is good to me though.

The Beckstroms said...

That was such a fun night! I love all of the pics, and the words about dad. We have the greatest parents!