Monday, November 9, 2009

Birthdays galore and an ode to Erika

Fall not only marks the changing of the seasons, it marks the beginning of a very busy birthday season.

Justin's birthday was on November 3rd. I will not disclose his age in respect for him but it is smack dab in the middle of 30 and 40. We were planning to go out to dinner that night but Luke was sick so we just had a little party at home and he received some apparel to show his Utah man spirit appropriately in this heavily populated BYU fan neighborhood we live in. Happy birthday love!

On Friday night, my parents took the older two boys out shopping and to dinner for their upcoming birthdays. Justin and I took the younger ones out to dinner and then we came home and watched a movie. I fell asleep about five minutes into it but at least I was there in body, right?

The next morning we headed to Boondocks for the combined friend birthday party for Nick and Andrew. I told Nick last year that we were done having friend birthday parties when they turned 10...he could invite a couple friends to dinner or to a movie...but it was just easier to have one friend party and we will just have to play it by ear next year. They are only young once.

Let me tell you, Boondocks is an awesome place to party. Everyone was able to run around and do their own thing and we had originally planned to just stay inside the whole time because November is so iffy in the weather department, but the weather cooperated and was absolutely gorgeous so we played outside too.



Andrew and his buddy Jacob







Ryker, Nick, Justin, Reese, Turner


Andrew and Jaxon










Then after the birthday party, Nick and Andrew went to the U game with my dad and my sister, Erika. Nick opened up one of his presents early to wear to the game:




On November 4, Liam also wanted to write a note to my sister, Erika. He dictated it to me and I wrote it down to give it to her. I thought it was so cute that I didn't want to forget it. Ever. It said:

Dear Erika,

You are so nice, ever.

Ever, she is so nice, ever.

(giggle)

I love Erika.

I love her.


2 comments:

The Winegar's said...

And the festivities just kept rolling on with the family party Sun. and Nick's birthday today. It looks like they had a great time celebrating this last weekend. And Liam's note to Erika is super. You can tell he loves her a lot and so do the other boys.

The Beckstroms said...

The party looks like so much fun!! What a great idea to go to Boondocks, always wanted to go. Ok, the ode to Erika, cutest thing ever. So simple, so perfect, that is Liam's way. I can just see him dictating it to you. What a love.