Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Simple, yet so satisfying

Today Luke was sick. I always love an opportunity for my little Lukey to stay home because he is such a love. He wasn't so sick though that we couldn't meet Justin for lunch at Paradise and do a bit of shopping.

I was not in the best mood when we headed to Salt Lake. I was blasting my music, singing along and felt the black plague enter my heart because while Justin was making me upset as I was talking to him on the phone, Luke and Liam were just sitting there in the back seat, quiet while Lady Antebellum latest hit was blaring. I think I just wanted to feel sorry for myself. I wanted the boys to feel as sad as I did. Really? What kind of a mother am I?

With one push of a button, Liam's CD came on and the mood changed. If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands. The boys, singing along with Liam's little arm shooting up into the air shouting "Hooray!"

We went to lunch and then went shopping. Not to kid friendly stores, but stores like TJ Maxx, Kohl's, and Roberts. I wanted to get a birthday gift for Justin and see if there were any decent Thanksgiving decorations left out there. The boys were delightful. Yes, crazy running pell mell throughout TJ Maxx dancing to the random ringtones on my phone, but delightful. We didn't find anything so walked down to Kohl's. They had to climb through the big hole made in the brick wall and Liam didn't want any help. We walked all over because of course they had to use the restroom but it didn't seem cumbersome.

We went to Robert's next. They squished together in the little cart and sang and laughed the entire time. At the end, they received a free red balloon. I had my camera but left it in the car and I was bummed that I couldn't capture one of the cutest things I have ever seen. As we went outside, they were running and laughing like this free balloon was the best present they had ever received. Luke wanted his tied around his wrist and so Liam wanted his done the exact same way. Liam was squealing with glee. After they were tied securely to their wrists, more skipping and looking behind them at their balloons following them, dancing in the breeze. Two adorable boys enjoying being little. I am so glad that I have this memory.

1 comment:

The Winegar's said...

I'm glad that you have this fun memory. We often don't realize the little things in our busy lives. They are the cutest.