Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Snowmen and a seriously good comeback

Last week Liam really wanted to make a snowman. I have become a bit lazy in my old age and this particular activity did not appeal to me at all. But with most outside activities in the cold, once you get out there with all of your gear on and get going, we had a lot of fun. We even made two-Liam named them Mr. Snowman and His Little Friend, Buddy.





Mr. Snowman does not have a tumor, Liam just gave him a prominent
forehead.






Last night at dinner, Liam was telling us a story about how he and Luke were jumping on the couch and then jumping off the couch onto the cushions. Justin looked at Luke and asked him why he thought it would be a good idea to do this. Luke tried to defend himself by telling us that Liam had taken the cushions off and he was just playing along. Justin asked him how old he was ("seven") and how old is Liam ("four") and being older he should think about things before he does them and not just follow along.

I then told him he needed to be a good example for his little brother and then asked him the age old question that many other mothers have asked:

"If everyone jumped off a cliff, would you?"
Luke: "With a parachute."

His comment left us speechless.

5 comments:

maxfamclan said...

that is so very funny! cant wait to share that with my husband!

The Winegar's said...

I laughed so hard. Luke has an answer for everything!! Good job Liam on your 2 snowmen. They look great.

Maranda said...

So funny! I love all of your random side bar stuff...72hr kit & meals. That is great! I am always in need of some dinner ideas:)

Adam B said...

It feels like we haven't seen you guys forever! We have to make a date to skype when I get done with my finals. Too bad that will not be until the 17th, and by then hopefully we will be close to baby if she is not already here. Love and miss you guys!

The Beckstroms said...

Cutest snowmen ever! I love Liam's grin too, so proud of his incredible work, he should be!
Way to go Luke for the quick witted comeback, I could not stop laughing!