Tuesday, November 1, 2011

*football*

In an attempt to keep this somewhat chronologically current there will be intermittent posts about the sport that has literally taken over our household.

This year Andrew began tackle football and it is absolutely crazy having two different practice schedules and game locations that take us all over the valley. There is practice for one of them every single night of the week. Every. Single. Night. Not to mention that we rarely get to see the boys play every game since the times are just different enough to have one parent go one week to see one boy play and then switch off. It makes me nervous for next year when Luke begins playing. We may need to hire a chauffeur.

It is a darn good thing they love it so much or else I would second guess signing them up for some good old fashioned me time. But this is our life and once it gets going, it really is fun.

I was the lucky one to see Andrew's debut game against Alta. He wears #39. The poor thing was so nervous before his game that he was throwing up. I was worried that this sensitive soul would not be very aggressive and let the game pass him by. I was surprised to see Andrew's inner beast come unchained.




He played very well for his first game ever in pads. I was very proud of him.

Unfortunately his team lost this one but he kept a good attitude throughout the game.
Nick did win his first game against South Summit.

The next week Nick and I trekked to Grantsville for his game. It was super far away. On the way out there, Nick turned to me and said: "Promise me we will never move out here." I double pinky swear.

Nick wears #20.


Look at him downing this guy.



And this guy.


I am sure glad they won because it would have been a long, silent drive home if we would have lost.

1 comment:

Jer + Lu said...

I can totally relate! Football- every.single.day. It blows! But we learn to love it, right? What's worse than driving to Grantsville? Stansbury playing Grantsville (we are a mere 10 miles apart) @ Bingham (45 miles away, for both of us). WTF?!