Tuesday, October 5, 2010

autumn emerges

Oooh, yesterday's weather was perfect. Not too hot, not too cold, an actual honest to goodness fall weather day. After sleeping through my alarm and picking up Liam a little late from preschool, we set out to frolic in the wonderful weather.

We met up with one of my dearest friends and her daughter for lunch. We ate at Cafe Rio and chatted while our kids played. I am secretly hoping that they were cultivating seeds of love and one day they will get married. Or that one of my boys will marry one of her girls. It would be heaven to me. I am always rejuvenated after seeing A. She is refreshing to talk to and seems to always know what to say in any situation. I have a long way to go before I am as good a friend to her as she is to me. I am grateful to have her in my life.

Then in the evening we skipped out on flag football practice and went to Gardner Village to see the witches with my parents. It was nice to have some family time since our schedules have been so crazy lately.

The Village has a cute little scavenger hunt on their website to fill out as you are looking at all the witch displays that you can turn in for a cookie at the bakery. You can bet your bottom dollar that we took advantage of that.

I thought it would be super crazy with it being family night and all, but it was not crowded so we were able to look at the displays as long as we wanted, Liam could lay down in the middle of the sidewalk to fill in his scavenger hunt list, and the bakery had enough seats to sit and enjoy each other's company while eating our treats and drinking hot chocolate.




Love it or hate it, here is my dark hair:


This is my favorite witch. It looks like she is actually riding a bike in the air. Liam stared at it for a while trying to figure it out and finally gave up.




This is the boys' favorite every year. Witchypoo. Need I say more?




Andrew is striking an America's Next Top Model pose and I have no idea what Nick is doing. Gotta love it.

4 comments:

maxfamclan said...

I like your hair! It makes me think I could try dark (this coming from the girl who has been doing the same color for years)! I love The Witches, one of my favorite traditions. I learned the hard way that UEA is the WORST time to go, so good to know there are other more peaceful times.

The Winegar's said...

I'm glad that you have great friends that you can get together with. It's really nice when you have great friends. I'm glad that we went to the Witches. When you said you were going I was all over it. We sort of crashed your FHE night but any chance to be with you guys.

RockinRhoades said...

I love you hair!

The Beckstroms said...

Oh I am jealous for that fun fall activity. It's always a good time there an the boys look soooo darn cute. I can't wait to see them...in a couple of months :) You look so sassy with your hair!! I love it and wish I could try dark. I wore a dark wig on halloween once and Adrian Johnson said it looked terrible. So there ya go, I am not a darkie :) Love you!!!