Friday, October 1, 2010

recap

Over the last 12 days we have had a fire in Herriman, went to the zoo, Luke started cello lessons, I dyed my hair black, Nick's team went 4-0 for the season, I worked my booty off, Andrew and Luke are 2-0 with their flag football team, Andrew shocked me with his ability to be QB and was an animal on the field when he pulled 4 flags, Luke was Luke on the field and was there only for the treats for the first game but then caught a pass and made a touchdown in the second game, I was edified by a great Women's Conference, and Liam had an eye appointment.

I am sad because Liam's little eyes are getting worse. With his glasses on. The doctor told me that at his age he should be able to focus on things smaller than he is. We received a new prescription for lenses for the third time in a year. The second prescription was because his eyes were getting better. This was news I was not expecting to hear. We have a check up in 6 weeks and if things are not improving with the new glasses then we will have to start doing patching over the eyes. Aw, geez.

He was so cute at the doctor's office though sitting in that big examination chair all by his little self. There are so many interesting gadgets that he was excited about but the best was the big silver contraption that they inspect your eyes through. He has never been able to look through it before due to being so small but today was the day and he was so excited. They also dilated his eyes and he had his tissue dabbing his eyes that were blinking like crazy and he giggled and said: "That burns a little."

He was so darn cute that I gave him a quarter to get an extra prize from the machine. I couldn't resist.

4 comments:

The Winegar's said...

I hope that this is a little glitch and that Liam's eyes improve in time. He IS getting to be such a big boy! It's so fun to see all that you and your boys are doing - happy for you because you are all so involved but happy for me because I can just be a spectator.

The Beckstroms said...

Oh, sorry to hear about little Liam's eyes. We went to the eye dr. today and Caroline does need to start patching...wish us luck! Hopefully Liam's eyes will make a turn around :) What a crazy little run you've had, always busy!! And way to go to the boys for being so stellar at the games!!
I vote you post a pic of your very cute I am sure hair!!

maxfamclan said...

Poor Liam, but he sounds cut out for it ;) I'm sorry you have to watch him go through it, sometimes its worse to watch from our adult perspective.
On a side note...black hair! it is fall I guess. Must see pics!

Sandie said...

I have to admit, I am kind of stuck on the black hair. Pictures please...