Monday, January 21, 2013

*hot date*

On December 14, the Hobbit premiered in theaters. Andrew started reminding us daily for weeks that the Hobbit was coming.

Justin luckily scored some tickets so the nagging could stop.

I am not a huge Lord of the Rings fan. They are too slow and boring for me. And there is no way that Liam would have lasted through the movie either.

So Liam and I went on a date.

The setting for our evening was perfect. It was lightly snowing and we turned on the Christmas music in the car. We started out by going to see Santa. Again. But I remember going to his little house in Sugarhouse and thinking it was so special and I wanted to recreate that feeling for Liam. Once I started driving there I started worrying about the parking because it is on a little island in the middle of the street so we detoured up to Jolley's drug.

It had the same cute little house as the one in Sugarhouse and seriouly the most darling, most wonderful Santa you would ever see. While we were driving to see him, Liam was getting nervous. He was concerned that Santa would not know what a transformer was. I told him he most likely knows what a transformer is--he makes them every year for little boys! Liam didn't seem too sure but he decided he would ask him for one anyway.

Once we arrived, Santa said: "Hello! I have been waiting for you!" Liam smiled and jumped on his lap. Santa asked him what he wanted and when Liam asked for his beloved transformer, Santa replied with "Of course! I don't think that will be a problem at all!" The relief flooded into Liam's face and his smile stretched from ear to ear.

At the time, I didn't want to pay for the picture and there were signs all over basically saying that taking a picture with your own camera is not allowed so I never asked if I could. I am kindof kicking myself that I didn't shell out the money but oh well. It truly was a magical moment and I don't think I will ever forget it. We will for sure be going to visit this Santa next year.

We then drove around Christmas street...


...and read the Bible story on Bible street.


Our last stop was the dollar theater to see Nemo in 3D.


When we arrived at the theater we were a little early so we were the only ones in the theater. Liam was a little nervous and kept asking if the workers would lock us in there or if they would forget about us. More than once he asked to leave. To be honest, it was a little eerie in there all by ourselves but as a few more people entered the theater he decided it was okay to stay but he only lasted about halfway through the movie and then decided he was done. Since we only paid $4 for the tickets, I was okay with that and we called it a night.

All in all it was a delightful evening. Liam was a perfect gentleman. He held my hand, shared his candy, and I even got a hug and a smooch when we got home.

No comments: