Monday, January 7, 2013

*just so i don't forget*

I want to remember some of the little tidbits that have been happening around our home lately. (Some of them retold by my sister and sister in law. Thanks for letting me know of these precious gems.)


Yesterday Luke and Liam were put in their new primary classes. I was called as a primary teacher a couple months ago and happened to teach Liam's class. He has now moved on *sniff* and part of our conversation this morning went like this:

liam: Mom, you have a new class at church. The VIOLENT 6s. (The real class name for those not versed in LDS lingo is Valient.)
me: I know, and now you are not in my class anymore.
liam: Yep. I was in the Violent 6s and now I am in the Violent 7s and I still get to see you though because I am still in junior primary.


Last night at dinner I was trying to get Luke to tell my parents about his fun day at school on Thursday. They had Colonial Day and they dressed up and had activities centered around that time period.

Luke is not the easiest boy to get information out of and so I was prompting him with questions.

me: "Luke, tell Grandma and Grandpa what you wore to dress up."
luke: "my tighty whities."

He really wore a costume my mom made when Nick dressed up as Ulysses S. Grant a couple years ago for a wax figure assignment.

Luke also was able to participate in Biztown and was chosen to be the CEO of Merit Medical. He was so excited and didn't even complain that he had to wear nice clothes. It was his idea to wear his suit!



The younger three boys and I were running errands during Christmas break. They were discussing how Justin really wants a truck. They were cute and decided to save all of their money for a year and buy him a truck next year for Christmas. Luke said: "I bet we will have at least a hundred dollars! That will be able to buy him a nice one."


And finally, Luke and Liam were sleeping over at my sister's house. Liam saw her scale and asked if he could weigh himself. My sister said sure. Liam walked up to it and before stepping on he whispered to himself: "Please don't be 100." When he stepped on and saw his weight of a whopping 45 pounds he said (with a little fist pump): Yes!
(I honestly don't know where he even got the idea in his head to say this. We don't even own a scale. I just hope he doesn't have body image issues when he is older!)

No comments: