Thursday, January 17, 2013

*its beginning to look alot like christmas*

I guess every year the U bookstore puts on a little shindig for all the employees. I have never been before, I am guessing I either miss the email or I am working the night of the party, but we went this year. Andrew and Nick had young mens that night so Justin and I just took the younger two boys.

They had a blast. The big man was rumoured to make his appearance and there were quite a few kids waiting in line. The time he was to arrive came and went and about 15 minutes later, we heard that his sleigh was having a hard time finding a parking spot. So the staff handed out $5 gift cards to all the kids to thank them for being patient. Luke and Liam were so excited. Santa and a gift card? They found a lego set that they were able to buy themselves and Liam was the only one who sat on Santa's lap.



We also had one or two boys sick at a time this week with various symptoms, the most common being a cough and a headache. I was okay keeping them home when they didn't want to go to school--it was nice to have company during the day and taking care of them gave me something to do so I didn't have so much free time to think only about how much I missed Jacob.



We also went to lunch to celebrate my dad's birthday and a cute friend left dinner on my porch. Just because. We drank hot chocolate and watched the Polar Express.

Our annual trip to zoo lights was fun and so very bitter cold. Nothing a little hot chocolate couldn't fix though.

They had live reindeer near the entrance and Liam was so cute. I told him that the reindeer fly back to the North Pole each night to tell Santa who the good little boys and girls were. He giggled and went to talk to them and whispered that he had been a good boy and wanted a transformer.


I love this picture. Liam decided to spontaneously make a heart with his hands because he was just so happy. You would never know that he would be diagnosed with strep the next day.






We also decorated gingerbread houses. Maybe one year I will make fancy ones but for now, our little ones made out of graham crackers work just fine.






I didn't get any of the finished product. So, maybe we can just use our imaginations and envision what they looked like. But trust me when I say they. were. awesome.

1 comment:

The Winegar's said...

That's one authentic looking Santa!
Looks like you all had fun.