Wednesday, January 2, 2013

*championship*

Phew!

The last football post of the season.

Both Andrew and Nick played against Judge for their chance to be champions. It snowed like crazy the night before and I am not kidding you when I say there was 18 inches on the ground at gametime.

Not ideal conditions by any means but I am pretty sure the boys had fun.

Andrew's team played great. It was awesome because they kept good field position the entire time and poor Judge never had one first down the whole game.







As if to add insult to Judge, the snow started again. My cute parents and in-laws came to the game and even sitting under an umbrella we were covered with snow and looked like snowmen. But it actually was a little fun, too. We had hot chocolate, a propane heater, plenty of blankets, and it helped that we were watching a good game.


Andrew's team came out victorious and Andrew was so excited!


You can't even see him in this picture but he jumped into the snow and it swallowed him up.


Here he is emerging with a helmet full of snow.


But he doesn't even care.










Great job Andrew! (I am sad this is such a blurry picture but it was hard for my camera to focus due to all the snow coming down.)


Nick's cute team mom made these darling posters for the entire team and surprised the boys by hanging them up on their front doors. I don't think I could ever be a team mom--that is so thoughtful and nice and takes so much time, it overwhelmes me to even think about it. Nick loved it (he even smiled and said "that's cool") so I am glad all of her effort wasn't wasted on his typical teenage response of a blank stare and a grunt.



His game wasn't as fun as Andrew's to watch. His team never really had great field position and the snow was absolutely relentless by the middle of his game and I felt bad but I was wishing they would call it early.




But no, this is football. Nick played his hardest and felt good about the game but unfortunately, he did not clinch the title of champion.






He sure had a great time trying though. Until next year.

No comments: