Saturday, November 15, 2008

Birthday parties...a lot of 'em

This past week (as all other years during this week) was crazy, but super fun. Here is a rundown of the itinerary:
-It all started with Justin's birthday on the third, we went to dinner for him the next night at Tepanyaki.
-We celebrated Andrew and Nicholas' birthdays on Saturday the 8th by going to Madagascar 2 and to Red Robin. (By the way, if you like dessert, they have an awesome one they bring out as the birthday treat!). We had their family party on the 9th.
-Last night we had Andrew's friend party. It was a movie party-we watched "The Clone Wars" and it was a big hit. Really anything that involves star wars and lightsabers at this age is a go. We loaded them up on pizza and candy--I feel really bad for their parents and hope the kids aren't too sick today! I found some cute tall plastic popcorn containers in the dollar section at Target that we gave as party favors with some microwave popcorn in it--I also bought some extras for me.
-Today we had a tailgate party for Nick and this also was a success. Justin set up a fun football training obstacle course-they threw a football through a tire, ran through the squares of rope, pushups, situps, a running drill, and then they had to run the football through a line of kids trying to hit the ball out of their hands. We had a barbeque and then after cake and ice cream they played flag football. Oh, and lucky for Nicholas, he was born smack dab in the middle of football season so they watched a little football while they were eating. WAAAY too much testosteone for me, but I do have to admit I am getting better at talking football.

I am so glad they had fun and loved their parties, but I am also glad to be done! Now...just on to planning Andrew's baptism...

Here are some pictures of all the events...minus Justin's dinner, stupid me, I didn't bring my camera!

Football frenzy:



I think he still looks like a little boy in this picture :)



The first "obstacle"


Andrew's red carpet event:






Family party:
This is one of the two birthday boys and my cute grandma, Gigi




Singing "Happy Birthday!"


Red Robin:


4 comments:

The Kleins said...

Wow! I didn't realize how busy this time of year is for you!

Anonymous said...

You did an awesome job on their birthdays - you always do. What got me was the "red carpet" for Andrew's party. The boys will look back and think how much fun you made their birthdays.

Mom

The Beckstroms said...

What cute ideas! Justin, way to go on the obstacle course. I already told Adam that if we have boys, that we must do that. The red carpet WAS such a cute idea too! The pictures are all darling of everyone!

RockinRhoades said...

You are the best Mom! I am so glad the parties went so well, it soundslike it was a blast!