Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I really have a fabulous life.

Our family had a blast at Aunt Heidi's house for dinner. I was unsure about going at first, not because of the company or anything, but because this is the first Thanksgiving in FOREVER that I have not had the traditional dinner with my family. Call me snotty, but I was worried that I wouldn't like the food. Hey, I am a girl who likes to eat.

She did not disappoint. There were courses...yes, courses, of food. All was delicious. Different from my mom's, yes, but nonetheless delicious. I guess I just need to grow up and expand my palate.

We also listened to Christmas music in the car on the way there. I also think that this needs to be done in moderation and it gives me anxiety when I hear it in the store while I am shopping. Although I am almost done with my shopping, when I hear the music playing, my mind goes wild and I worry that I am not getting enough or that I need to fill my cart with useless gadgets. I am one of those suckers that is targeted by that kind of marketing. Luckily, I have been strong and not given in--well, not too much. In the car though, it is fun to hear my boys sing along with the songs and remember what Christmas is all about.

I am grateful for good friends that stand by me. I have a sensitive personality and frequently do stupid things. I am always worried that I am going to do or say something to offend someone. I have fantastic friends who love me for who I am. I am also grateful that I can call my husband my best friend. He is a safe haven for me and I appreciate that he also loves me for my idiosyncrasies.

Speaking of idiosyncrasies, I am grateful that when I am with my family, I don't seem so crazy. I thought that I was the only one who did certain things or worried constantly about everything....oh,no. I will not go into details to spare the cute girls and women of my family embarrassment, but I am thankful that I don't need to go on heavy psych meds...maybe just mild ones.

My boys looked super handsome tonight and I just love them dearly. I could go on for hours about how much they have blessed my life, but I will spare you. I cannot imagine my life without them.

I love water. Recently I have been having at least 20 oz a day and THAT is 20 oz more than I was having a month ago. I hope my kidneys love it too and will not poop out on me early. I guess that would be my bowels that would poop out on me and I hope that doesn't happen either.

I am grateful I have a steady job that has TONS of job security. There will never be a lack of pregnant women in Utah. I am grateful Justin only has a couple weeks of school left and his job is holding strong despite this economy.

I know this is a random post, but my life is a bit random right now. Random, but good.

3 comments:

RockinRhoades said...

I hope you haven't given up on diet coke.

Lindsey Buck said...

It was really great to see you here for Thanksgiving! I'm glad you came. I just put up all of the pictures from last night.
I'm glad to find fellow bloggers in the family!

The Beckstroms said...

Oh, how we missed you guys on Thanksgiving. It sounds like you had a great day! Also, I know I am crazy and I love being crazy with you. We do worry best...I think we get it from darling Geeg..so I guess we can look at it as a blessing because we get to more like her. Sometimes it's a little much though!