Wednesday, September 22, 2010

best.playdate.ever

I am in love with this food blog. Not only does it provide delicious recipes that bring my family joy and more importantly, praise for me, it also helps keep very active, little 5 year old people busy. Three of them. At the same time.

Our Best Bites recently did a kid week and posted some fun craft ideas and I saw one that I thought I would try while Liam had some friends over last Tuesday. It was super easy and the kids loved it. Heck, I even loved it. I was thinking the whole time we were making it that I want to talk one of the boys in to having a science themed birthday party and make gobs of the stuff. I think it would be a hit.

We made goop. Slime, if you will. I was worried that Liam would hate it because he is weird about textures and touching certain things but he had all sorts of body parts engulfed in the stuff.

The inspiration

The results:







I loved it because it wasn't as messy as I thought it would be--it came off body parts really easily and if some dropped on the floor or table or other surface it easily came up if you cleaned it up quickly. Liam played with his goop later in the day and I wasn't watching him too closely and there is a little blue spot that dried before I could get to it.

I can't wait to get busy trying the other fun ideas and playing with the kids!

3 comments:

The Winegar's said...

Well, another idea to add to your repitoire of fun things to do with your kids. You are such a great mom and are always involved with them. They will look back and think of what a fun time they had growing up with a super fun mom.

Love ya and proud to call you my daughter.

maxfamclan said...

I am forever grateful you introduced me to that blog/site!!! I love them too! So fun that looks! Way to make a memorable "every day" day.

The Beckstroms said...

We can't wait to do this, it looks awesome. I can't wait to dig in myself. Thanks for the great idea!!