Tuesday, September 21, 2010

circle of life

Last spring I found out that Lion King tickets were going on sale and I bought some for my in-laws for their birthdays. Realizing that I wanted to go as well and money was a bit tight I told my dad that these tickets would be an awesome birthday present for me. He is a bit of a sucker for Broadway plays and not only did he get me and Justin tickets but he made sure my family got the opportunity to go as well.

Friday was the big day. We also found out that my dad had an extra ticket due to my grandmother being in Michigan so we invited Andrew to come with us. He was a little unsure about going just because we had our favorite babysitter coming to watch the other boys but we promised him it would be worth it.

Before the show we went out to eat at one of our favorite restaurants. It is medieval themed and on the way there, Justin told him that if he did anything wrong they would lock him in a cage. The truth finally came out that there would be no cage entrapment and Drew was relieved. While we were eating though, he spilled a bit of his water and jokingly said (in a cute English accent): "Off to the cage!" We thought it was pretty funny. He kept saying over and over: "Everything here is so good!"





The production was amazing! I have heard so much about it and I am happy that I finally was able to experience it for myself. The only regret I have is that I didn't get pictures of everyone who came!





4 comments:

The Winegar's said...

Cheezy grin Justin. Hey, Lion King was great even the 3rd time around. I'm so glad that we could all go. Now on to Wicked, right?

maxfamclan said...

cute, cute little couple! It was a such a great experience! Good times.

Mistie said...

i SO wish i could have gone to this. This is one play I never saw in NYC- but wish i did. I have heard the costumes are amazing. Happy you could go... (just wish it was me too!) :)

The Beckstroms said...

I am soooo jealous. I LOVE that musical, it's incredible.