Thursday, September 2, 2010

so it begins

It is not so much football season anymore in our home, it is more like football year. No matter what, Justin or Nick can find a game or a show or something that pertains to football on the t.v.--no matter what time of year it is.

So when I say football season has started in our home, I use the term very loosely.

Nick had his first scrimmage game on Saturday against Bingham. Too bad that we lost but the boys played a good game.

Nick wanted to be #44 again or his baseball number, good old #9, but the league goofed up and didn't get any of the boys the numbers they wanted so this year he is #84. Apparently this was a big deal and Justin was on the internet trying to find NFL and NCAA players of clout that had the same number to prove to Nick that it is an okay number. I just think he looks super cute in the uniform.







I guess another tradition for football is to get a mohawk. Again, something that I don't understand. There are cute mohawks and there are hideous mohawks. I came home yesterday to find that Justin had given Nick a mohawk of the hideous variety. I still cannot come to bring myself to take a picture of it because it is awful. It looks like a dead raccoon has been mounted on his head. I will post one later when I can look at his head without vomiting. So fair warning for things to come.

Wish us luck for his first official game on Saturday against Jordan! Go Mustangs!

No comments: