Sunday, September 5, 2010

rave reviews

I made this for dinner last night and I was praised over and over. I am not sure where I found the recipe but I thought I would pass it on so you too can be deemed Champion of the Kitchen.

SHREDDED LIME CHICKEN

4-5 boneless chicken breasts
1 1/2 cup sprite
1/2-1 t. cumin
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
2 limes

Cook in a crockpot on medium heat for 6-8 hours or until chicken falls apart with a fork. Stir in the juice of two limes before serving.

We made tacos with this delighful chicken and we have enough left over to use for nachos or quesadillas another night. I also served this:

CILANTRO LIME RICE

1 c. white rice
2 c. chicken broth
1 T. lime juice
1 garlic clove
1 pinch salt
1/2 c. fresh cilantro

Cook rice according to package directions using broth instead of water. When done, fluff with a fork and add other ingredients.

Muy bien!

No comments: