Monday, January 5, 2009

I think I am finally organized to start blogging religiously again. I tend to go into survival mode and I am a minimalist when I start to become overwhelmed. We have had such a fun holiday season and we are also grateful for life to start getting back to normal without all the extra errands and playing with the fun things the boys received from Santa. I will not bore you with a huge list of the backup things I am grateful for, but I did miss a couple birthdays and don't want them to feel left out!

1. My mother in law's birthday was on December 27th. She really is a wonderful person and wants everyone to be happy. She is an excellent cook and seamstress--we love the jammies she makes for the boys and you should check out my sister in law's blog to see the cute bedding she made for my niece (there is a link on my sidebar:"Scotts"). Hope you had a great birthday Sylvia and we love you!
2. My sister's birthday was on December 28th. She turned 29 and her husband loves to point out that she is now in her 30th year...it is quite the sore subject :). I love my sister to death. She is a crafty genius, an extrodinary mother, makes everyone feel welcome and loved, and she is a fabulous friend. She has an uncanny eye for the beautiful things and makes the world around her lovely and classy. I am proud to call her my sister and I strive to be more like her everyday. I love you!
3. that I didn't end up being on the schedule at IMC last night so I was able to go to my parent's house for dinner. There was a surprise visit from my cousin Dan who just returned home for 16 days from Afganistan and I am very happy I was there to see him!

...and here is a bonus one...
4. the cookbook that my aunt Marilynn sent me. She made me a copy of all the favorite recipes in her family and made it into a cute little book. All this because she saw my call for recipes a while back. THANK YOU!

Welcome home!

5 comments:

Marilynn said...

My pleasure! It was fun updating my book and putting it together. It was my plan to give it to you on Christmas Eve, but... that didn't materialize. Hope it's helpful. Love you guys! Aunt Marilynn

Adrianne said...

oh i would love some new recipes! make sure you pass along your favorites!

RockinRhoades said...

I am trying to get back into blogging but I also got alittle overwhelmed from all the Christmas blogging I should do.

The Beckstroms said...

Thanks for all of the sweet things you said, you have gone and made me cry. Just so you know, I hope that I can strive to be half the mother that you have been to your sweet boys. I just LOVE them and think you are the most patient mother. I want to be that way and not let little things get to me, everyday counts with these little ones!

maxfamclan said...

I love your blog! So glad you are back! And let us know what your new favorite recipes are! can't wait!