Friday, April 11, 2008

A little behind

I have not been ungrateful this last week, in fact, I am grateful I am still alive and not frozen to death on bleachers. I am grateful my old car is still alive and kicking and is up to the challenge of running kids all over the state for baseball games and practices. I am grateful for family who helps watch the kids at night so I don't have to have them freeze their tooshies off while they are watching a game in 30 degree weather. I am grateful that after said game all my toes are still intact and not infested with frostbite. I am grateful that Justin saved my @** from sitting through another 2 hours of that weather by coming to the second game of the double header and that Nicholas (at least as of this morning) does not have pneumonia. I am SO grateful that Justin is almost done with this semester and that I can have him to myself during the week...at least until the next semester starts. I am grateful my body is used to running on less than 4 hours of sleep a night or else I would be dead. At least then it could be used for research and study the exact ratio of diet coke and chocolate necessary to keep one alive--I think I have perfected it. I am grateful that my boys are patient with me and are okay with the fact that I am not a perfect mother and will most likely never win the mother of the year award. I think they are grateful that I actually remember to feed them on a somewhat regular basis. I am grateful that today is self proclaimed cynical day. I am especially grateful for family and friends who let me vent and still love me no matter what.

4 comments:

Adrianne said...

i have missed you this week! I was getting worried about you. Glad that you are still kickin'. And you never cease to amaze me with all that you accomplish on 4 hours of sleep!

Anonymous said...

I ditto Adrianne. I couldn't help myself and had to comment on both of your posts. Life would not be doable without diet coke. And I too have been wondering who thought it was a good idea to play sports in 30 degree weather.

The Pond's Lily Pad said...

You can vent to my anytime. Heavens knows I have vented you out over the last 5 months. You are such a superb mom; I really look to you as an example. Luv yer guts!

Anonymous said...

I wish that I was as good a mother as you. I look at you and are amazed at how well adjusted and wonderful your children are and all the other things that you do like throw parties (for me). So what if your house isn't spotless. You've got 4 boys and that will be done. There is a time and a place for everything!! I love you so much and look to your example. I'm so proud of you. Love you TONS. MOM