Friday, April 11, 2008

One of those mornings.

Me: Lukey, I need you to get out of the tub and get dressed please. We need to take Liam to his class in a few minutes.
Luke: Okay.

A couple minutes later:
Me: Luke, hon, please get out of the tub. We seriously need to leave soon so Liam isn't late.
Luke: Okay, mom.

(I then walk to the laundry room to get his clothes and put them on the couch in an obvious place to help him get the hint.)

A minute later:
Me: LUUUUUUKEEEEYYYYY, where are you?
Luke: Over here on the couch.
Me: Are you dre---SERIOUSLY Luke, I put your clothes right by you...why aren't you dressed yet? We are going to be late taking Liam, we are leaving in TEN SECONDS.
Luke: Okay, okay, I'm getting dressed right now, geez.

A little later:
Me: Okay, Luke, I am starting to get really angry. What part of "get dressed" do you not understand?
Luke: All right...

A second later:
Me: Okay, Luke, I'm leaving! Are you ready to go?
Luke (still not dressed): MMOOOMMM, I can't go when I'm naked!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You would think our Luke's were cut from the same mold. Why do they move sooooo slow??? Although, he does have a point about the naked part! Hope your night at work is a good one.

Lohra said...

It's funny getting to know you like this. I think you're great. Love the new blog title, by the way.