Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Our little announcer

Now that Liam is beginning to say more words, he loves to announce (over and over) when something has happened. This can be helpful, especially when Luke has done something, but this can often result in embarrassment for me since I am usually the one involved when he is announcing something. For example:

We were shopping at Smith's and I had picked up a jar of jelly. Luke was also handing me another kind of jelly that he wanted when I wasn't looking. Trying to juggle two awkward jars, I fumbled and dropped one. Needless to say, there was jelly and broken glass in a heap on the floor. I looked around to find a worker to tell them the news and to see if they would like help cleaning it up. There was not one around and Liam kept saying: "Mommy, break, jelly!" as I was walking around the store. He also does not know the concept of "inside voice" so it was quite fun searching for a worker when your toddler is yelling your faults to the world. Later that same shopping trip, I had let a toot slip out and although it had no sound attached to it, it did have a smell...anyway, Liam tactfully bellowed: "Mommy, tooted!" over and over. It probably would have been more subtle to have had the overhead pager declare: "Female tooted on aisle 5" with all of the publicity Liam was giving me. At least we know he could always have a career in the grocery business and he may not even need a microphone!

4 comments:

Malma said...

Hahaha! I love it! Leave it to your children to be brutally honest about everything their parents do..good, bad and embarassing. Thanks for the giggle.

A said...

hiya!

thanks for the comment on BRAMPA! I've been following your blog and everyone else's from work for a couple of weeks, thanks to Adrianne! I think it is funny that I moved away and you all conveniently started blogs!

Fantastic!

Oh, and I love the music!

Amy in NZ

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT way to start the day with the antics of my grandchildren. I had a good laugh. I just smile whenever I think of them. Also, I like the new title too. You are so creative!! Love you.

Mom

Sandie said...

Leave it to your kids to keep everything in check for you. They never let anything get by them.