Saturday, April 26, 2008

Seven things about me

I was tagged...so here you go!

1. I am totally insecure. I have serious problems with feeling comfortable around people. I think this started in fourth grade when I was wearing a polo shirt (style of shirt) and when I mentioned this to my friend, she said: "Oh, no. That is not a polo shirt. It doesn't have the horse." I have intense fears that I am going to say something stupid to someone and it gives me anxiety to have conversations because I want people to like me. I can't believe that anyone would want to be my friend . I just want to be outgoing and cute and witty and charming, and unfortunately, I am quiet.

2. Before I got married, all of the car accidents I was in were my fault. I don't think I was necessarily a bad driver, but I was not very observant and would frequently daydream while driving. I think my most favorite accident was when I forgot to put the car in park after pulling into my driveway and the car rolled across the street and hit our neighbor's parked car. Nice.

3. I never intended to be a nurse. Growing up I don't think being a nurse ever crossed my mind. I wanted to be a marine biologist when I was in high school and was seriously debating going to Puget Sound for their program. I later decided to go into music--piano performance--in college, but dropped out of my music classes after two days. I eventually found anatomy and LOVED it, and I remember telling one of my fellow TA's who was going to be a nurse that I would never be a nurse because it wasn't exciting enough. (I still see him around the hospital...thank goodness he doesn't remember me!). I also have eaten my words many times at work! I was then the class nurse in Israel and although I didn't do much, I really liked it and applied for the program a few months after I came home.

4. I once had a warrant out for my arrest. It wasn't for drug possession or anything, just an unpaid speeding ticket. I luckily was at my friend's house for recipe club when the officer came to my house so they didn't take me in. Apparently, Nicholas was freaking out saying "Don't take my mom!" I feel bad that he was so traumatized! I had to go to court and plead guilty...I think it is one of my top 5 most embarassing moments in my life.

5. I am deathly afraid of heights. It has gotten worse as I have gotten older, but now I even get super nervous going on a silly ferris wheel.

6. Whenever I go somewhere new for dinner, I order grilled cheese.Or chicken enchiladas or the turkey sandwich depending on the type of restaurant. I just don't want to waste my money on something that is disgusting. I will also sample from at least my husband's plate and decide for the next time if I will order something different.

7. I laugh when people get hurt. Not like if they are bleeding from their eyeballs or something, but if they are okay (but still could be hurt), I laugh because it is my defense mechanism against stress. My husband HATES it, but I have done it as long as I can remember.

I tag: Mistie, Andrea, Laura...I think everyone else has been tagged already!

6 comments:

The Pond's Lily Pad said...

Thanks for sharing!! Luv yer guts

Anonymous said...

I am like your #1 comment. People would think that I was stuck up because I was quiet. I hope this wasn't an inherited trait. As I've gained more self confindence and gotten older I've become more outgoing. I still tend to not comment much on things in classes and go over in my mind comments to see if I think they will be ok before I say them. It's a horrible feeling though but it will get better as you get older. I love you as you are and as I have said you are an AMAZING person.

Love, Mom

Gold-E said...

Hey - I found your blog while deep in blog-stalking land! Wow, long gone are the days of JV cheerleading and the Basket Loft - it's fun to read about your cute little family. And btw, I would have never put you in the "quiet" catergory!
Rebekah (Roos) Gold

Mistie said...

speaking of you being a nurse...my dad just mentioned to me that this doctor in their ward saw you at Senekas blessing and i guess he works with you at the U (last name Draper) and he said you are a superb nurse and that you do a great job. Just thought you'd like to know that. So, it is great you went forward with being a nurse...even though i am sure you'd be a great biologist too!

Heather said...

Really! Grilled cheese? I thought you might be the more adventureous type. Thanks for sharing. I am terrified of heights as well.

Erika said...

It's funny how these tags bring out the secrets! I'm glad you didn't get arrested- hoe much was that ticket though? Yikes.