Thursday, November 10, 2011

*autumn loveliness*

I love autumn. It is my favorite season of the year.

On October 3 we had a Welcome Fall Dinner with pumpkin soup, pumpkin rolls, pumpkin milkshakes, and pumpkin bundt cake. It was good in theory but the soup was absolutely horrid. Nick said he liked it but I think he was just being nice. I told the younger two that even though they didn't like it, they had to have a couple bites anyway before they could have dessert. Luke plugged his nose and tipped his bowl near his mouth to take a couple swallows and told Liam that it was better this way because he wouldn't be able to taste it. Liam imitated Luke but before the bowl even hit his mouth he began dry heaving. I decided I would let them have dessert anyway just for trying.

Then we drove up Butterfield Canyon to see the gorgeous array of colors that were dotting the mountaintops. It was drizzling a little bit which only added to the richness of the vibrant colors.

Sometimes I am amazed by the gifts that Heavenly Father gives us.

Absolutely stunning.



I made the boys get out about a thousand times because I would see a beautiful bunch of leaves here or a lovely group of trees there. I don't think they minded dodging the raindrops much.




It's like it was touched with a paintbrush. Three colors at once.



What a treat for the boys to find animal bones. Circle of life baby.


We drove over the mountain to Tooele because Luke said that he had never been there. It was a nice little family outing driving with our windows down, feeling the cool air against our skin, smelling the rainy leaf smell and viewing the beauty that is in our own backyard.



Autumn, we are so happy to see you.

1 comment:

The Winegar's said...

Sounds like a wonderful outing. I'm so glad that you took the time to see the beautiful colors. Autumn is my favorite too. So gorgeous!!