Wednesday, November 2, 2011

*deep fried*

I have said before how much I love the fair.

The atmosphere is fun and crazy and there is not a better place in the state to do your people watching. I love how my taste buds tingle at the smell of cinnamon almonds and scones and other deep fried goodness.

We did not go for all you can eat ice cream day. Although I was a bit disappointed to find out that we could not make it that night, it was a nice change of pace to do and see things that we usually don't get to since we are gorging ourselves on dairy products.

Speaking of dairy products, (how did you like that segway?) how cute is this butter sculpture?



It was the closest I would ever get to the royal wedding so I reveled in the moment.

We walked around for a bit and found my mom's contributions for the year. She entered 4 or 5 things and a majority of them won some type of ribbon.

This awesome U quilt won best in show.


And this lovely ditty is my new quilt for my bed.


We saw kangaroos, a sea lion show, and looked at ourselves in funny mirrors:






There was also an exhibit that had all types of science puzzles and activities. We all had fun trying to figure everything out and when Liam solved one of his, he was in seventh heaven.



We of course saw the livestock.





And then the boys were able to finally choose their two rides. This spider looking contraption caught their eye. My dad was nice enough to accompany them. I gladly took pictures. They are in the red car.




Andrew and Luke went on their favorite ride from last year, the starship 3000. Liam opted to relive a moment from last year with grandpa and went on this other octopus looking contraption. I secretly wondered how my dad could handle two of these rides in a row.



Then this attraction began to be quite an obsession with Luke and Andrew. We would be looking around for a ride that looked interesting and they would quietly wander over to the sign and would have to be redirected to the task at hand. Luke started saying: "I wonder what that snake lady looks like" every chance he got. We had to walk right by the exhibit and I thought the boys would burst with all of the curiosity that was building up in their little bodies. My mom was nice enough to indulge them with the admission fee.


I won't give away what they really saw but they were thoroughly unimpressed.

The annual ferris wheel ride...



...and sharing of a deep fried delicacy. This year it was a deep fried snickers. One word: delicious.


I made a little resolution with myself to bring a little extra cash next time so we can do some of the crazy things there like walk on water in a huge bubble or go fishing or whatever catches our fancy.

I am counting down the days until next year.

1 comment:

The Winegar's said...

I laughed so hard at Andrew's and Luke's faces when they saw the snake lady. It was worth the pittance of the admission price. Well, and the fried Snickers - mmmmm melt in your mouth goodness!!