Tuesday, November 29, 2011

*13*

I have a 13 year old.

It is a little crazy to wrap my head around this fact.

I remember thinking that my parents looked so mature and put together when I was 13 and I don't feel anywhere near as mature or put together as they seemed.

He welcomed his birthday in grand fashion at football practice. I guess the tradition for the team is to have the birthday boy crawl under everyone's legs and receive a birthday spanking.

I think it is weird but whatever. Those football players. Any excuse to smack a butt.






Then he came home to his birthday dinner and presents. He also thought he needed to parade around without his shirt on so I tried to post pictures that didn't show him so exposed.

Sheesh. Teenagers.



He also requested a carrot cake for his decadent dessert. I made one--from scratch--and despite its unfortunate looking appearance, it tasted, if I do say so myself, amazing.

Click here is the recipe.


He is almost as tall as I am and he has passed up my mom and my mother in law. He has bigger feet than I do. He is determined and serious and helpful and annoying and does show his fun side every once in a while. He is a tad OCD. He is kind to others and is nice to his brothers when he wants to be.

A typical teenager.

I love him with all my heart.

3 comments:

The Beckstroms said...

You have the greatest children (I'm not biased). Nick is one of THE best!! Him being 13 makes YOU feel old - how about me? Nick's also courteous and thoughtful and that is BIG for a 13 year old. Love you tons Nick!!!

The Beckstroms said...

Happy Birthday Nick! I was dying that he was strolling around with his shirt off, so classic. What a love Nick is and I love how Adam has to remind me to not talk to him in baby voice anymore, and how Nick may not like that :) Although when I do it absent mindedly, Nick is so kind and not bothered.
The cake looked amazing! Yum Yum!

The Winegar's said...

That first comment is from me (mom). I was logged on on Andrea's account. Just wanted to make that clear.