Saturday, November 19, 2011

*fall break*

This was the boys' first break from school and it was welcomed wholeheartedly.

I think I look forward to these breaks more than the boys do. But now that Liam has had a taste of a long weekend, he tells me quite frequently "Mom, I need a fall break." We just had UEA, parent teacher conferences, and Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming up so I think he will be pleased that his wish will come true.

Nick went fishing with friends on Thursday and slept over while the other boys went to various friends' homes to play. The next morning Luke had a scout activity at the zoo and since Andrew, Liam, and I didn't have any plans, we decided to tag along.

There aren't very many animals left at the zoo. But the ones that are there were active and enjoying the beautiful late fall weather.

This monkey was swinging everywhere and carried his baby doll in his toes.


The boys rode the merry go round.




Went into the stinky reptile house.




Watched the tigers for a while. It was feeding time so this one was gnawing on some bloodied limb of what looked like a rabbit. It actually made me a little nauseous so I went to take pictures of the other cats hanging around.




We told Liam that giraffes have purple tongues so he wanted me to take pictures of it.






That night Andrew and Liam had a dress up Halloween party at their friend's house and they both had a fantastic time.

The next day we filled our time with football games. Nick played against Stansbury and Andrew's opponent was Hillcrest.

Nick's game gave me heartburn. It was a well played game for both teams and we went into overtime with a score of 0-0. We were able to score on our second play of overtime and hold Stansbury to win the game 7-0.

A great catch by Nick.










Andrew's team beat Hillcrest. They have been playing so well lately!



It is crazy to me that there is just one more week of football season left! But after today's wins, both of the boys will be in the playoffs so we have at least one extra week if not two. I love football but I am ready to have my family get back to normal and have our weeknights and Saturdays back for a little while until spring.

Justin took the older three boys hunting after the game so Liam and I hung out at my parent's house for the night.

There is only 10 more days until the next break. I think we can make it.

2 comments:

maxfamclan said...

I'm not sure you ever really take a "break" of any kind. You are such a great mom. Enjoy the next break!

The Winegar's said...

Ditto with maxfamclan comment. You are a terrific mom and spend quality and a good amount of quantity of time with your boys. Way to go!